Poll

Which box set should I paint?

Death Storm
Storm Claw
Dark Vengeance
Execution Force and Space Hulk

Author Topic: Special Holiday Personal Painting Challenge!  (Read 1252 times)

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
  • I have a strong interest in Voodoo.
    • View Profile
Special Holiday Personal Painting Challenge!
« on: November 28, 2015, 06:35:05 AM »
Welcome everyone to a very special and seasonal Personal Painting Challenge!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep with the holidays right around the corner it's time for monster of a PPC!
I'm really pushing to the limits with this one.

Now a few days ago I was gonna throw up a different PPC. Just a normal 1 week challenge with some rando units. But I couldn't find a proper theme to go with my choices. All I had was some tanks, Nurgle stuff, death company dudes and orks. Kinda all over the place. And all in different sized squads too. It was a mess.

But before I actually got everything together the idea of multiple sets got me thinking. Mostly about all the box sets I've gotten over the last few years.
Just the other day my brother was asking me about what I wanted for Xmas. I told him I'd want the new Battle for Cath box set. I said if all my family members chipped in it'd cost practically nothing. And I'd be happy with just that.
But he replied with "do you really need another box set? You haven't even finished the last 6 you got now!"
And that's when it hit me! The perfect theme.

Holiday gift box set!
This special PPC will include ALL of my currently owned box sets, and the challenge will be to finish one (or many) of the sets completely! All models in any one set.

And that's not just it. This whole challenge will have multiple changes and special rules.

First change: this PPC will run for the entire month of December!!! Yep a whole month for me to finish the winning candidate. I'm gonna need a bunch of time to finish what will probably be around 20+ models Giver take.
So officially the PPC will begin on December 1st at 12am, and run till December 31st at 11:59pm. One whole month.
The voting will last from now till 11:59pm November 30th.

Second new rule: the winning box set must be 100% fully painted by the end of the deadline. No exceptions. Characters and big special models will get the stage 3 treatment (highlights and all) while minor models and scrubs will get basic stage 2 paint jobs. So Alot more details will go into these models.
And unless otherwise stated, each model will be stock painted the same as on the box art. So blood angels for DS will be standard red, space wolves blue Yada Yada.
Of course the chaos from DV will get my own personal legion colors.
And I've got a special secret paint job for the nids of DS >;)

Third: some of you may remember that I've already painted some models from some sets. For example the Helbrute and 10 cultists from DV are already painted, and most of EF and SH are mostly done.
And for this reason I've combined the remaining elements of Execution Force and Space Hulk into one category. So the remaining assassins, sorcerer, Blood angel terminators and Tyrannids will be combined into one option to even the playing field.
As for the already painted stuff from DV, I'll simply paint one of my unpainted helbrutes (I've got many) and some extra cultists to make up the numbers.

Forth and lastly (you'll love this): is the change to my FailWinner project.
Normally the idea was to help motivate me to paint by giving myself a reason to keep going. A consiquense that'll push me to finish. And I'll tell ya, it really helped.
But this time around will be different. It's the holiday season after all. Time for giving and joy.
So, as my way of saying thank you to everyone who helped push and support me, that this Holiday PPC will have not one, but Two FailWinner prizes!
And the kicker is, the FailWinners will be picked apon me completing this challenge!!!!!! Yep! No more secretly wishing for me to fail because if I complete this challenge on time, two lucky voters will be randomly picked to receive my FailWinner prize! A WinWinner prize if you will..... (gotta pick a better name).....

I really wanted a way to thank everyone who's been helping me out by voting and cheering me on while I do these challenges. So as a result I'll be giving the FailWinner prize to two people who voted on the polls for this holiday PPC should I finish on time.
BUT! If I fail only one person will get the FailWinner prize. Not two.

Two FailWinners if I succeed, one if I fail.

Who will you vote for? Remember it's more beneficial if I finish on time, so maybe pick one set with minimal models? Maybe pick a set just because you want to see what I can do with the models? What is this secret style for nids he speaks off? Whatever your reasons cast your vote and wait to see.

Have fun voting everyone! And happy holidays!

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Special Holiday Personal Painting Challenge!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 06:39:10 AM »
As always a reminder that if you do vote, please let me know in the comments that you did. The poll doesn't track who's voted. And with two potential FailWinner prizes on the line you don't want to be left out!

So leave you name in the comments saying who you voted for.

And if you want to help increase your chances, go visit the poll on my G+ page here: https://plus.google.com/112370739975906620682/posts/XxX6STm3bW7

Now would be a great time to get your name in the FailWinner hat twice ;)

Offline Tlazolt the Faceless

• Initiate
  • Nemesor Tlazolt the Faceless at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 10:56:25 AM »
I'm "Tlazolt the Faceless" and I Voted for the "Death Storm" Box 2015 Painting Elections!
Phaerakh Xun'bakyr (aka Mother of Oblivion) gave our Dynasty a purpose for which it was well suited: the genocide and systematic extermination of all life.

--Nemesor Tlazolt

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 11:48:18 AM »
I vote for the space hulk and assassin game minis.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline MasakiSayz

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 12:39:17 PM »
Voted for Stormclaw, for Russ!

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 01:45:01 PM »
I'm voting storm claw because space puppies!
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 05:54:34 AM »
The polls are closed for the Holiday Personal Painting Challenge.

And with a commanding lead the winners are Execution Force and Space Hulk!

Thank you everyone who voted.
The poll can be found here if you still wanna get your name on the list: https://plus.google.com/112370739975906620682/posts/XxX6STm3bW7

Now I will have until January 1st at 12am to finish both these sets to completion.

If I succeed there'll be Two FailWinner prizes for two lucky voters.
If I fail then there'll only be one FailWinner prize.

Can't wait to get these guys going.