Author Topic: DE Novice 1000 Point. Advice welcome!  (Read 948 times)

Offline DEn00b

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
DE Novice 1000 Point. Advice welcome!
« on: January 15, 2016, 04:55:36 PM »
Hello all. I am new to this forum  :-[

It was through a friend who recommended that i check this place out to get some advice and some education on anything Warhammer.

So i have decided to attempt to make a 1000 point Army for DE. After much browsing i think i have come up with something half decent?.. maybe.. possibly. I'm not to sure if I'm honest. If i could get some advice on my list or if you feel the need to educate me with a crack of a whip because you see a horrid fault.. then by all means... but be gentle.

This army is for friendly banter among friends. Nothing to serious.

Combined Arms Detachment. (Currently we don't use formations)

HQ
Succubus
- Haywire Grenade
- The Armour of Misery
- Archite Glaive
- Splinter Pistol

Troops
9x Kabalite Warriors
Sybarite - Haywire Grenade
- Raider with: Dark lance - Nightshield - Splinter Racks.

9x Kabalite Warriors
Sybarite - Haywire Grenade
- Raider with: Dark lance - Nightshield - Splinter Racks.

Elites
4x Incubi (These will be accompanied by the HQ succubus)
- Venom with: Splinter cannon.

Fast Attack
5x Reavers

4x Scourges (4 Blasters)
1x Solarite

Heavy support
Ravager
- Dark lance
- Dark lance
- Dark lance
- NightShield

Total 1000 points  ;D

As i said. Any advice or criticism is welcome. I am not to sure about a succubus for a HQ, She seems a bit... squishy to me? or am i missing something.
I have read more than once that Trueborn are used as tank hunters (?) but i fancied some variety so i choose the Scourges instead. (Bad idea?)

Regards.. A DE N00b
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:57:13 PM by DEn00b »

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: DE Novice 1000 Point. Advice welcome!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 05:37:15 PM »
All Dark Eldar HQs are squishy.  There's really no going around it unless you take a 10pt Lhmaean or whatever and just say screw the HQ section completely.  Make your Warlord something else in one of these squads.  I personally like the Succubus just because I like the idea of an Arena Champion being the leader of a raiding party.  That feels fluffy to me.

I don't remember, but is there a Move Through Cover upgrade for the Ravager?  If so, take that instead of Night Shields.  If you Jink at all, that Ravager isn't a threat anymore.  Better to land in Ruins and use a natural cover save and still shoot.

I also like the Sybarites in the Raider squads because of the Ld boost.  While the Raider Jinks, it will eventually get damaged.  The extra point of Ld might make all the difference to allow the occupants to still shoot.  I use this same idea in my own Dark Eldar.

Try to cut some points, Armor of Misery, Dark Lances on the Raiders, to put another Reaver and two Cluster Caltrops in the unit.  They're a massive bonus but only a 1 per 3 upgrade.  Other than that, I rather like the list.  Incubi and a Succubus are a good combination and pretty much everything here can work together pretty well.  I think it's a great starter list in a friendly environment.

Trueborn are great tank hunter's for the exact same reason the Scourges are.  Options for Blasters and such.  But Scourge don't need a Transport.  On the other hand, Scourge can't have their Transport shoot one fleshy thing while their Blasters shoot an armored thing.  It's a personal preference thing and a point restrictions thing.  At this level, Scourges are perfect.  Also consider Haywire Blasters.  I personally like Blasters but Haywire is so friggin useful in this game.  Give it a try with both types of weapons and see what you prefer.

Offline DEn00b

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 10:52:39 AM »
Thanks SharkoutofWata for your input! I appreicate it.

As far as I'm aware there is no move through cover unless "You may ignore terrain and intervening models during (but not at the start or end of) your move." counts. I'm not entirely sure about this rule.

I didn't really understand the value of having 6 Reavers rather than 5 allowing me to have 2 Cluster Caltrops!

Thanks again! i shall do my best to tweek my list once i find out the rules regarding the skimmer moving through terrain business!

;D

Offline RevCal

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 04:02:04 AM »
Hi there,

I would reduce the troops to five men per squad, drop the splinter racks and nightshields.
This should enable you to get a venom with additional splinter cannon and a another reaver.

In addition, I would split up the 6 reavers into 2 units of three.