Author Topic: Grey Knight second look?  (Read 3262 times)

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: Grey Knight second look?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 11:11:49 PM »
I wonder with the brotherhood of psykers special rule, can librarians joining the unit benefit from it as well or would their powers still be separate? I'm wondering if you have to cast force on the librarian first, then cast force on the unit.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline LordPathos

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 11:13:47 PM »
If there was a rule that turned the Librarians into the chapter specific variant, I'd be all over that. Because the Conclave is, essentially, 3 Space Marine Librarians, not Grey Knights.
I'm also not sure how it could combine with a Nemesis formation (by which I assume you mean Nemesis Strike Force), since all units have to have the GK faction. Isn't the Conclave a SM faction?

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2016, 02:52:38 AM »
Yeah, libraries is a space Marines faction, but I think battle brother IC's from another faction CAN join Grey Knights in their first turn deepstrike, as long as they have the ability to deepstrike, unless the GK FAQ specifically says otherwise. Cool thing about libraries conclave is there's so many chapter tactics to choose from (if you include forgeworld chapter tactics) you can interact stuff like executioners (which I think gives adamantium will?) So just by having a terminator librarian join a unit of GK terminators, you can get +1 deny against powers that target them because of psychic hood, +1 for adamantium will, +1 if one of em has a stave, and reroll because of the Aegis special rule.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline LordPathos

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2016, 09:21:38 AM »
The codex itself says only GK faction units can be in the Nemesis Strike Force.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 02:39:07 PM by LordPathos »

Offline Mr. Sinji

• Brother Captain
  • I have been collecting and playing 40k since 1996
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2016, 03:05:34 AM »
The tacitic I was considering was shunting forward Interceptors and then swapping them with Purifiers using Electrodisplacement to get them into combat turn 1.

Something important to note about this power is that the units do not swap places.

If you were to shunt your NDK up the board and be within 24" of the casting Libby (take note that the Libby can also move a full 6" prior to castings this) you swap out the Libby with 1 model from the  chosen unit (The NDK is one model so place the libby anywhere where his base once was) you then place the rest of the Libbys unit within 6" and unit coherencey of him and then you place the unit that was just removed also within 6" of him.

The Libbys unit can then assault Turn 1

Both Paladins and Purifiers are fantastic for this job.

Purfiers are a good choice as they have Clensing Flame but then if you don't roll this power they are basically useless.

The Paladins however can opt to Deep Strike in with the Libby if you don't get a decent power.

The other power that is amazing from that displine is the one that allows you to move an additional 18" (after moving your 6") this is like being able to allow your Pallies to have a short range shunt when the need to reposition during the game and can do this every turn if you want to sadly no assault afterwards though but can help out a lot with Alpha Stike and also getting into position quickly or grabbing some objectives.

Offline SidjostromPrimarch DCLXVI

• Battle Brother
  • Preaching Word of The Dark Gods since 007 M31.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2016, 03:55:46 AM »
There is always the option of running a Draigo star still with the new space marines psychic powers.  Draigo+Stern+Librarians with veil of time + Daemon hammer FNP paladins can be a lethal combination with Draigo at the front to absorb wounds with his 2++ re rollable and FNP if u get the right powers off .
  • Chaos Space Marines, Grey Knights, Officio Assassinorum