Author Topic: DA and Kill Teams?  (Read 642 times)

Online Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
DA and Kill Teams?
« on: October 26, 2016, 11:24:59 PM »
Hello everyone so this time around its about kill teams. Lately me and my friends have been playing kill team games and I have been getting destroyed completely. One of my friends has been using Legion of the Damned as his kill team and that has been dirty then on the other hand my friend who plays white scars/grey knights/eldar is using a white scar command squad all on bikes and all of them with grav guns. So I have decided to come to you guys here on the forum for help.

My list that I normally take in a kill team game is 5 black knights. That's it honestly nothing fancy just pure black knights. So my main question being is how can I change the list to make it more effective (whether it be completely overhauling the list or making minor tweaks)? Then the next question I have is which wing works best in a kill team game, seeing as how deathwing cannot be taken that leaves Greenwing and Ravenwing. To me Ravenwing is the way to go because that is part of what makes DA, DA plus Black Knights can leverage speed, plasma guns that are twinlinked a 3+ rerollable jink and are decent in melee especially when you have one using the grenade launcher and hit someone with a stasis grenade. When with Greenwing, if you are playing them in a kill team game then you might as well be playing vanilla marines at that point to me because they are almost the same and vanilla marines probably fair better then Greenwing in kill teams.

So please loyal brother give me some input into the subject am I completely out of my mind or do I have the right idea just not executed well?

Offline nelsonus

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: DA and Kill Teams?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 10:52:17 AM »
I love grim resolve in kill teams. It really makes it a gamble charging into DA. It also makes things like a heavy bolter nasty.

My go to list is 3 black knights and 9 scouts, with camo cloaks and heavy bolter.
This gives me 3 highly powerful bikers who can move incredibly fast and ignore the cover on kill team boards. It also gives me a surprising amount of bodies to pump out bolter shots with and get stuck in.

For survivability, you get 3x 3+ re-roll jink saves bikes. And 9x 4+ save marine bodies that can go to ground for a really good save.
For high str attacks, you have 3 mobile plasma-ish guns and a heavy bolter.
For low AP, you have the 3 mobile plasma-ish guns and can make one ignores cover. This usually equates to 1 model dead a turn at the very least.
And then you have enough bolter shots to deal with the remainder of the world.

Offline Ragimund

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: DA and Kill Teams?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 10:59:29 AM »
Guess my DA list is quiet boring:

1 sergeant with stormbolter
9 marines with bolters

1 landspeeder with heavy bolter and flamer

Usually I 'combat-squad' the marines into two groups and try to leverage the speeder against my opponent.