Author Topic: I converted a defiler out of a non GW model, whould you play against it?  (Read 849 times)

Offline flarepie24

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
I made it from gundam model bits, 40k bits, and putty. It is WYSIWYG, the two big claws and the right hand are powerfists/deadnaught ccw, the cannon on its left arm is the cannon normally on the chest of the defiler, and the tentacles on the legs and claws are the power scourge. It is just about the same width as a GW defiler but taller. Lemmie know what you think about me playing it or even comments on how it looks alone (also as im sure you can tell it is for serving slaanesh)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 01:32:38 AM by flarepie24 »

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
Re: I converted a defiler out of a non GW model, whould you play against it?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 09:32:28 AM »
I'm all for conversions and unique pieces in an army.

Personally, I feel that as long as it isn't modeled for advantage in size, is WYSIWYG, and is painted no problems.

Go for it!

I'd also try and do something special with the base since it is a bigger base- something scenic to tie it in with the rest of your army.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 03:39:08 PM »
Found it in my 40K pic archive- from a game long ago, a buddy's converted defiler- a SPAWN toy mounted on the bottom half squaring off against my Carnifex Mr. Claws.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline Htedomsa

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 12:09:35 PM »
Absolutely! I convert using all kinds of materials myself and agree with the above posters comments as well. I find some people get anal that it's not exactly a GW model......and I find those people have no idea of the work that goes into creating a cool conversion or the pride that comes along with it. Yeah so I'd definately play it, sounds great.