Author Topic: Ultramarines 5th Company Project  (Read 849 times)

Offline Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Ultramarines 5th Company Project
« on: December 03, 2016, 06:59:17 PM »
I thought I'd make a thread to add my Ultramarines 5th Company models to and keep myself motivated.

I chose the Ultramarines because I enjoyed the Xbox game a lot and they looked pretty cool and relatively easy to paint and learn to play.

Having read up on the background, I liked the idea of the polar fortress battles but in the end I wasn't a huge fan of my attempts at snow bases or tying my army look into a single enemy theme.

Looking a bit deeper, I decided that the 5th company looked like it had a lot of scope. I wanted them to be pretty gritty and the idea of the 'Master of the Marches' being the Captain sounded pretty good. I thought it had the theme of a Company which spent its time out patrolling border space of Ultramar and undertaking spoiler attacks on the filthy alien! I've gone for a darker blue than usual and done a few armour and weapon swaps to try and get across the feel of an army on campaign.

I hope you like the pics, I still need to come up with some names for characters and stuff, so if you'd like to pitch in that would be great!

Here's my most recent addition.

Offline Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Ultramarines 5th Company Project
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 03:59:22 PM »
I got my Captain painted!

I'll be painting one up in Terminator armour too but I wanted to get this guy done first. He's OK for tabletop though I'm not sure on his loadout