Author Topic: Dark Angles Guardians of the Covenant army  (Read 774 times)

Offline Travdan

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Dark Angles Guardians of the Covenant army
« on: December 04, 2016, 06:19:05 PM »
Hi I want to start a casual but not weak army of  dark angles guardian of the covenant. Probably just for unbound but not sure. I've got 2 ten man take squads for the dark angles starter box a librarian a chaplain 2 3man bike squads for the stater set and 1 veteran asualt squad 1 veteran stern guard squad. Is that a playable army to start with or will I be wiped off the table ? 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 01:04:29 PM by Hawkeye299 »

Online Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Angles Guardians of the Covenant army
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 02:48:01 PM »
It is not a bad army by any means however the only 1 major question I have is, are,you playing the Dark Angels codex?  The reason being is that we do not have sternguard or vanguard. Also as for the bike squads were you planning on running them as normal ravenwing bikes or black knights?

Offline Travdan

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 03:12:16 PM »
Oh ok I did not know that the dark angle do not have access to van and stern, and for the bikes just as regular attack bikes. Thanks for the info I'll have to do some more home work then.

Online Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 09:18:34 PM »
Highly recommend getting the codex, as for the bikes we have 4 variants of them, classic attack bike with the side car, normal bike squad, black knights, and black knight command squad. All of these have the Ravenwing special rule which is the most powerful rule in our codex it gives anyone with it the ability to reroll our jink saves, another thing to note about the ravenwing is that all our non vehicle stuff comes stock with has scout, hit and run and teleport homers. 

Black Knights are our real heavy hitter for ravenwing bikes they are vets on bikes with instead of twinlinked bolters, 18" twinlinked plasma guns, have corvus hammers which are S+1 AP- rending, and skilled rider so 3+ rerollable jink save. Then the command squad is that but locked at 6 men instead of the unwieldy 10 max in a normal black knight squad and has command squad stuff. Lastly both of these squads can take a grenade launcher which has our special stasis grenades and rad grenades, stasis is a small blast S3 AP- that any unit hit by it for the turn is -1 WS, BS, Ld, and I. Then the rad grenades are also small blast S3 AP- and every 6 to wound is 2 auto wounds instead of 1

Then our "normal" bikers and attack bikes have all the same stuff as the vanilla codex.

As my last comment on non vehicle ravenwing our named character for them has a jetbike so have fun with that, and as for our ravenwing vehicles I will let you research those and see the cheese that is the darkshroud and their formations plus our flyers are pretty good too one thinks its a vindicator.

As for the vets our version of vets is a 90 point squad of vets with no ability to take jump packs which sucks nor any decreased power weapon cost, or extra bullets. But they are cheaper, easier to take in formations and can still take 1 heavy and special weapon, plus everyone can take combi guns, also to me they look cooler than normal vets.

Hope this helps and welcome aboard.

Offline Travdan

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 12:24:44 AM »
Cool thanks for the tips ! Yeah I need to get the codex