Author Topic: TYRANID COLOUR SCHEME!!  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Cenz

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
TYRANID COLOUR SCHEME!!
« on: January 03, 2017, 12:08:16 PM »
So i HATE painting tyranids... i know i should keep practising and get better but i just cannot make them look good, and so i am sending them off to get painted elsewhere and so i can change my colour scheme, in turn also means i can change fluff to my hive, so what are some good suggestion for colour schemes and can you justify your suggestions with fluff? (if not i don't mind) for example the classic shiny blacks and bright florescent greens for fleshy areas based on alien, or yellow blacks and reds for starship troopers bugs. (by the way i really like these two ideas) 

pictures would be good just so i understand suggestions,

Thanks for any help,

Offline goat99

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: TYRANID COLOUR SCHEME!!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 07:06:29 AM »
I personally based my scheme on the philosophy of my tyranid army. I use a bright reddish-orange for the skin to represent their extremely aggressive nature. I contrast the "killer instinct" of my Tyranids with the cold, unwavering, calculating intelligence of the hive mind by painting their carapaces purple-dark blue-turquoise. I also add some bright white stripes on the armor to accentuate the "alien" feel. Also, yellow glowing eyes. Nuthin beats dem eyes. :o
Tl;Dr colors with contrast makes bugs look cool (imho) :P
Praise your GOVERLORD!...Goaverlord?...Goaterlord?...Whatever, just fetch me something to chew on...

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 04:37:02 PM »
Great but hard is that Tyranids can be any color...

Does the hive mind adapt the colors to blend in with the planet- green, black, or red.

Does it go with bright colors to scare and terrify the opposition?

Does it go with more neutral colors.

Could even have different Tyranid bio-organisms of different colors in the same army.

For my Tyranids I have a green and yellow color and a purple and yellow color.

For the purple bugs they are not painted at all- literally.

I primed them white and used GW washes to color them- sepia for the base, yellow wash for the fangs, teeth, etc. purple for the armor plates, and red wash for the eyes.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline MiniTV

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 06:50:46 PM »
I plan on painting my Tryanids after the zerg from Heart of the Swarm, purple carapaces with brown flesh.
The Great Devourer for the win