Author Topic: How many points is in Dark vengeance pack?  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Initiate
    • View Profile
How many points is in Dark vengeance pack?
« on: January 22, 2017, 04:54:54 PM »
I am thinking to get teh Dark vengeance set but I am not sure how many points is in the box pls tell me how many points for Chaos and Space marines.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: How many points is in Dark vengeance pack?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 09:18:24 PM »
Chaos is 508~ minimum.  A fluffy loadout but still WYSIWYG while buying some 'invisible' upgrades such as the 4+ Invulnerable save, Marks of Chaos and so on comes out in the area of 640pts.  Further adjustments can be made by simply not making them Crimson Slaughter, going with some Death Guard, though these models aren't great for a Death Guard army, or some other Legion or Warband of your choosing.  This also doesn't include Vrosh Tattersoul because my Battlescribe is forgetting him for some reason and I'm too lazy to go search for the dataslate and add in the points.  He MIGHT be 55pts but I don't remember for sure.

Dark Angels are 685~ minimum and can go up to 760pts with upgrades to the Company Master and Librarian, all without changing the model at all.

Offline Nefarious

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 01:33:49 AM »
Alright thanks

Offline Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 11:44:23 AM »
I love the DV set as a starter- some fun missions and story to just throw down and play.

BUT, the Dark Angels are quite a bit more powerful vs. the Chaos models.

If you are planning to use it as a base to jump into a 40K army you will have an easier time with the Dark Angels as the Chaos chosen are not optimally set up for chosen. Consider also using the chosen model dude with the third eye as a chaos sorcerer.

Dark Angels chaplain model is also a sweet addition if you can grab him.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline Nefarious

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 03:45:20 AM »
Yeah they might not be that much better but I am starting to turn into a heretic I've started to worship the chaos gods and since it's only me and my friend who plays 40k in my town I rather just have fun I am gonna make them black legion and later add some Chaos space marines and a rhino because I like the Chaos models I like the fluff even tho they might not be that good but thx for the tips
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 04:01:15 AM by Leboss »

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 06:40:05 AM »
Black Legion is made better out of the Traitor's Hate book than out of the Legions book.  The Legions kinda screwed over Black Legion with too many restrictions and not enough upside, whereas Hate gave them the same upsides but just with less restrictions.  It's workable.  Make sure to take a look at the expansion to Dark Vengeance at local stores if you have any.  They gather some pretty okay choices into some nice Formations for both CSM and Dark Angels to make fluffy armies.  The CSM one would actually work well for Black Legion and the Warband Formations in Traitor's Hate and I am a fan of the Unrelenting Hunt for Dark Angels.  Sadly, looks like it was pulled from the GW online store but you should be able to find it on eBay if nothing else.

Offline Nefarious

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 06:52:34 AM »
yeah I mean I don't really have a problem just an ok army that works they dont have to be overpowerd but just enough to make my opponent have a challenge but I need to get the codex for the Chaos wich is gonna take a little while before I can get it since I am kinda short on money atm and I am buying DV set but after I get the codex for Chaos I am gonna start see what formation to go for and so fourth but thx for the tips