Author Topic: Guilliman is back!  (Read 1376 times)

Offline leE7_G4M3r

• Battle Brother
  • Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
Guilliman is back!
« on: March 08, 2017, 12:30:09 PM »
With the risen of the primarch release being right around the corner, Warhammer TV have revealed a few facts about Guilliman.
He is ballistic skill 6, strength 6, toughness 6, wounds 6, initiative 6, attacks 6, leadership 10 and has a 2+ armour save. His weapon skill has not been revealed.
Guilliman is a monsterous creature (character) and is unique (obviously).

Guilliman makes allies that are an army of the imperium re-roll failed morale, fear and pinning tests if he is on the battlefield.
He allows your army to use the Ultramarine doctrines along with any you already have (if you play ultramarines, you get 2 of each doctrine).
If one of these extra doctrines is used, all Ultramarines are affected.
His leadership cannot be negatively modified and he can re-roll failed deny the witch tests.
He has all of the Command traits found in the rulebook instead of a single warlord trait.

He wears the armour of fate, that confers a 3+ invulnerable save and if he dies, he can come back to life next turn on a 4+.
If he comes back to life, he has d3 wounds.
Guilliman's Hand of Dominion can be fired in the assault phase as a 24" S6 AP2 assault 3, rending gun.
Also, one of his melee weapons has a chance of becoming strength D.

That is all that has been revealed so far and I am super excited to field him!  ;D
WAAAGH!

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Guilliman is back!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 03:09:51 PM »
http://m.imgur.com/a/MXsze

It's all revealed.  WS9, his melee attacks are Str D when he rolls a 6 to hit.  Couple of other goodies.  I'm liking the rules to be honest, though Monstrous Creature...  Here I was hoping for some Honour Guard buddies.

Online Kvekan

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 03:37:05 AM »
He is a beast! However, his monstrous creature status will mean that he is incredibly immobile as he can't get transported.
"For those we cherish, we die in glory" ...And we die a lot.

Offline leE7_G4M3r

• Battle Brother
  • Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 10:36:49 AM »
Wow, I didn't know somebody leaked it, I was just posting stuff from warhammer tv! Thanks for the link :D
WAAAGH!

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 07:42:01 AM »
There is a Vanguard/Sternguard formation who can look out sir for him if he is within 3" and they all get +1ws +1BS.

Offline leE7_G4M3r

• Battle Brother
  • Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 12:34:32 PM »
Honestly, I would probably just let Guilliman tank the shots, unless he's up against grav centurions.
WAAAGH!

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 03:14:52 PM »
Even then he's got a 3++ and FnP. I'd only LoS against D.  As someone who will play against not with, my main point will be to target the rest of the army. He's just too powerful to waste time on.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 03:37:57 PM »
The Formation is too tax heavy.  400pts of Vanguard Vets minimum, not including the Honour Guard...  that's just too steep unless we're talking about a 4k+ army and even then, the fluff bunny in me rebels at taking that many members of the 1st Company without a Terminator in sight and the gamer part can't stand them footslogging it.  And the Captain of the 2nd, because... reasons?  Maybe it makes sense if I had read the story behind the Formation but outside of an Altar of War, I'm just not into recreating that particular fighting force.

I can see focusing him down with good old Str 6 Spam though.  He won't be as annoying to kill as a Ravenwing Bike Chaplain and Command Squad, or as powerful to be honest since he can be kited around.  I'm actually a little worried he won't live up to my hopes in an army.  I'm definitely looking forward to testing it out though.

Offline BorntobeMild

• Initiate
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 10:11:41 PM »
Does anybody know how Gulliman does against Magnus?
On a WAAAAGGHHHHH since 1999.

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 03:53:09 AM »
Kills him in combat but if you let him get in then you're miss using big Red.
We did a combat gauntlet and he killed: Abaddon, Celestine; Cawl; Marneus, Skarbrand without taking a wound(concussive makes a big effect) Magnus took 2 wounds of him, he them killed a three different knights without taking a further wound.