Author Topic: 8th ed I think we back  (Read 2706 times)

Online tomjashroom

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
8th ed I think we back
« on: May 07, 2017, 07:02:22 PM »
Some of the rules we are getting shared seem like some massive buffs to chaos. Now I know whenever a new edition drops people look at the rules through the current scope of the game and say things are buffs but we dont really know. Thats not what im saying.

Check out some of the vehicle changes maily the one about no more penetration tables. That probably means no more imobalised maulerfiends.

Vehichles having no more hull points is great too I might actually take an obsec land raider (if obec for troops is still a thing) now as black legion with 2 yes 2 wound terminators.

Lascannons inflicting D6 wounds WOW. I might take some version of allied iron warriors just for some tank hunting havocs and troop choice oblits if tank hunting stays the same.

I heard (did not read) on the you tubes that every vehicle may be becoming assult again. If so Id love that prehaps sometimes I might play world eater and iron warriors together for a change from my black legion army.

Forgefiends will also be alot better with the hull points to wound change and the damage of high strength weapons causing more wounds more damage and more suvivability seems pretty impressive.

Anyway I hope it ends up well for us there are alot of variables but these changes give me hope.

Offline rasmusnicolaj

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 8th ed I think we back
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 10:25:14 PM »
No obsec - player with most models within 3 of the center of the objective controls it.
And yes all vehicles are now assault and it doesn't matter where their exits are as you can exit the vehicle whereever you want.

/Rasmus
  • 16.000p Eldar Craftworld - Ulthwe, 5.000p Dark Eldar and currently building harlequins (800p) and Corsairs (500p). Also owns 5 Imperial Knights

Online Eryx_UK

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • March of the Damned
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 11:22:31 AM »
Death Guard get a little screwed though. No taking terminators, raptors/warp talons, or most daemon engines. No lords on bikes or jump packs. Not happy there.
  • Death Guard / Nurgle Daemons
My Death Guard narrative blog: http://thedeathguard.blogspot.co.uk/

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 11:58:59 AM »
Something to remember, just because Death Guard can't be selected on your Terminators doesn't mean that you can't take Black Legion Terminators and do just fine.  The issue is real with the lords but there's nothing you can do there I suppose.  The buffs are to the Legions, so you have to plan out how your army moves before models are even on the table.  For instance, I'm running Red Corsairs along with a handful of Death Guard units.  Maybe not Poxwalkers but Bloat/Blight Drones will be in my army as well as Plagues as Troops, but that means that I'm abandoning the Plagues to be on their own while Huron and my Bike Lord buff very specific units.

One pleasant surprise is the Helbrute.  I'm he first one to complain about the Helbrute, usually very loudly and full of metaphors, but the Helbrute might be one of my autoincludes now.  The Plasma Cannon combined with the new version of Crazed makes for a quickly dying model that has the potential to put out a lot of shots, maybe firing after each phase it takes a Wound, including its own Shooting Phase if it takes a Gets Hot hit.  Even if it just fires once extra per game, the Plasma Cannon is a good weapon to do the firing.

Overall, I'm a bit gloom over the hoops we have to jump through for our Warbands, and Undivided lost a lot of flavor not being able to buff Unit A with MoS and Unit B with MoN to have them even play differently, but I've put together a list or two and found I haven't had to make many or any hard choices to get the playstyle I want out of the Faction.  Lists are coming together smoothly at 2k, much better than they did in the old book.

Online Eryx_UK

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • March of the Damned
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 02:08:31 PM »
My plan for Terminators, Raptors and daemon engines is to replace <legion> with another name, perhaps a nurgle war band which isn't Death Guard.
  • Death Guard / Nurgle Daemons
My Death Guard narrative blog: http://thedeathguard.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline WarpTonE

• Neophyte
  • What is dead may never die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 12:57:45 PM »
Anyone else having trouble deciding on units now that just about everything is playable?
  • Death Guard / Chaos Space Marines
What is dead may never die.

Online tomjashroom

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 06:30:26 AM »
I picked up my 8th ed book today and played a few games and was wondering has anyone tried using Warptalons yet they seem like a pretty decent unit to me. 15 Pts now down from 1 million an inv save which seems really good now and the ability to deepstrike. So Talens or Raptors worth it now?

Also how are preditors doing after my game with an orc player I thought heavy bolters combi flamer and Lascannon Preditor might be really good.

I was already thinking of adding these units cause they are actually my favourite looking units but I would like to know how they are doing first.

Offline WarpTonE

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 12:53:59 PM »
If you run them as mark of khorne with the icon of vengeance you can re-roll charges making them more reliable. Alternatively if you drop a terminator sorcerer with them (or push up a prince) with warptime you can push a deep-striking unit into closer charge range. Of course the latter can be denied and only applies to one unit a turn.

Offline WarpTonE

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 01:10:55 PM »
Current findings:

Daemon prince is a beast (rightly so). Just bought a second one. wings and double talons are a must.

Although pricey, I'm finding it hard not to include a landraider in every list. Not un-killable but definitely survivable if played correctly.

Seems to be a theme I've noticed about eighth so far; no more easy-button auto-includes. You actually have to show up and bring the noise.

Dakka preds are also pretty good, but i think the shining star of the heavy support choices is the havocs. i've been running em with autocannons mostly; 2 squads with 4 and 1 with 2 and 2 ML's. they can just about focus down a tank/ MC a turn on their own pending dice.

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 01:46:49 PM »
Its good to hear chaos bringing the pain do you think play wise you can now play a  cool theamed list for chaos and still do well?

Offline WarpTonE

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 04:31:20 PM »
I've only played a handful of games but so far it seems "to quote reese from frontline gaming" like the spam lists have become rock/paper/scissor lists; that's to say that they are hard-counters to other spam lists. So against the list they are strong against they wreck face but get punked by many other balanced lists as well as the spam hard-counters to their list. Balanced/all comer lists seem to be the best option over one-trick pony style lists.

Online tomjashroom

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 09:32:53 PM »
I played a game today with a land raider and Demon Prince seems like a pretty decent combo. 8 Wound models cant be singled out for shooting if there is another target nearby  so I ran it up with the land raider full of CSM's with flamers and Power fist. It actually was the best combo Ive tried so far and far out performed my terminators.

Offline WarpTonE

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2017, 05:24:10 PM »
i run 2 dp's behind mine with terms in it with hf. pretty effective.