Author Topic: Will our Dark Angels have any flyers in 8th Ed.?  (Read 960 times)

Offline Charley359

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Will our Dark Angels have any flyers in 8th Ed.?
« on: May 12, 2017, 08:54:18 PM »
After seeing some of the sneak previews online this week, it had me wondering.  Will any of our current Dark Angels units be considered flyers in 8th edition?

Personally I do think our Dark Talon and Nephilim Jetfighter will become designated as flyers.  But I'm not sure about any of the Land Speeder versions we have.  I think they could go either way, by staying as Fast Attack or becoming flyers.

But if nothing we currently have join the Flyer class.  What then?

A) Will we or the whole imperial Space Marine factions gain a new flying vehicle.
B) Will we now be able to field any of the Storm series of vehicles(Talon, Raven, Hawk, Wolf, Fang) or Deathwatch's own Corvus Blackstar and have them finally join our Dark Angels as Flyers we can use. 

In Games Workshop right now. There is 7 flyers for all of the Imperial Space Marine units to use, but their limited.  Dark Angels has Dark Talon and Nephilim Jetfighter.  Deathwatch has only the Corvus Blackstar, Space Wolves has Stormwolf and Stormfang Gunship.  The generic Space Marine units and I believe the Blood Angels only have the Stormtalon Gunship and Stormhawk Gunship. 

There's not a whole lot of flyers out there.  The Orcs have the most with 4, but everyone else at the moment has 1 or 2.  It does has me believe we'll be getting more flyers in the near and far future. 

Offline Eryx_UK

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • March of the Damned
Re: Will our Dark Angels have any flyers in 8th Ed.?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 03:01:23 PM »
I fully expect them to be in the new Battletome: Imperium but they'll have the Imperial faction keyword that for now will let any Imperial faction use them.
My Death Guard narrative blog: http://thedeathguard.blogspot.co.uk/