Author Topic: Dark Angel Terminators: Visual Journal  (Read 1883 times)

Offline The Scribe

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel: The Scribe
Dark Angel Terminators: Visual Journal
« on: May 25, 2017, 05:25:39 PM »
Hello it's The Scribe again and I've got another visual journal for you guys to share some inspiration. This will be a shorter one as I'll only be chronicling the progression of five models, although I may add Belial or a Librarian at some point but we'll see, it depends on how 8th Edition affects the Deathwing and Terminators in general. Otherwise these bad boys are simply a result of me watching too much Deathwing: Space Hulk on YouTube. I also have a thing for Genestealer Cults so they go with that theme as well.

In any case this is just the first step: all the models have their basecoats on and have been glued to their appropriate home-made epic bases. So far only the Sergeant is done although I do have to finish his banner and base. Guardsman for scale.

Enjoy! :)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 06:50:26 PM by The Scribe »

Online Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Angel Terminators: Visual Journal
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 09:41:57 PM »
I really love the sergeant and the quality of your work so far, looks amazing. I cannot wait to see what 8th edition will bring for the Knights of Caliban.

Offline The Scribe

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 09:21:25 PM »
Thanks Nightwing7x! The others are slowly but surely coming along to the same personal standard as the Sergeant. I mostly play Ultra and Chaos Marines but it'd be nice to add these guys as a small elite Dark Angels detachment to my loyalists ;D

Offline The Scribe

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 04:29:30 PM »
I have to admit: I really haven't been painting much at all lately mostly because my main motivation comes from playing, and I haven't been getting any games in lately (yep, despite the drop of 8th edition!). However I got the Space Hulk (2013) game on PC and I've really been enjoying it and I'm thinking of getting Space Hulk: Ascension as well! So with that in mind, here's an update!

As you can see the Sgt. has very pale bone-white armour, so as soon as I'm done the weapons the next step will be to give the rest of the squad the same colour. It's more pale than usual when it comes to the Deathwing, but I prefer the look. Not sure how others will feel about it and although I won't change the style, feel free to let me know what you think! :)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 05:23:24 PM by The Scribe »

Offline Rezial

• Brother Captain
  • Dominus Mutationis
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 04:41:40 PM »
These are looking really good.  Are you intending them to play on the table some or to be mostly display models?
Repent, for tomorrow you die.
http://rezial.blogspot.com/

Offline ChaplainNemiel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 07:24:42 PM »
Looking really good and I find the scenic bases help increase the scale when compared to most other models.