Author Topic: 8th Edition on IG  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Private Shadderz

• Initiate
  • -Private Shadderz
    • View Profile
    • Shadderz Blogger
8th Edition on IG
« on: May 27, 2017, 12:35:10 PM »
Interested to know how you think 8th edition will influence Imperial Guard on the tabletop  :D
  • Astra Militarum, Eldar
-Private Shadderz

Online Eryx_UK

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • March of the Damned
Re: 8th Edition on IG
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 12:36:32 PM »
I think they will be just as good as they are now. The new detachments will help make more interesting and varied lists though.
  • Death Guard / Nurgle Daemons
My Death Guard narrative blog: http://thedeathguard.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Private Shadderz

• Initiate
  • -Private Shadderz
    • View Profile
    • Shadderz Blogger
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 02:23:06 PM »
I feel as though the universal formations will make IG a lot stronger (I have gathered they are universal?), as the other armies had so much better formations than the IG did.
  • Astra Militarum, Eldar
-Private Shadderz

Offline Lee Gaddies

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 07:43:10 AM »
The new formations will make everyone rethink their tactics and strategies and the new combinations of troops will change how you face a traditional army That includes IG.

Offline Private Shadderz

• Initiate
  • -Private Shadderz
    • View Profile
    • Shadderz Blogger
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 01:23:33 PM »
yeah split fire will be interesting! I can't think of any units it specifically helps, aside from perhaps sentinels? Is it every worth to diversify a squads weapons?
  • Astra Militarum, Eldar
-Private Shadderz

Online Celerior

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 08:30:48 AM »
Split fire helps mixed-weapon squads, as does being able to pick which models die first. Who does this help? Infantry squads, mostly, which also got a 20% discount.

Deep strike has gotten way better. You never scatter, you never mishap, there are no dangerous terrain tests, and you never have to worry about templates being super effective against you. In all missions except narrative missions you choose which turn units arrive. So we're going to see scions more often.

Our astropaths are cheap and can buff armor. I expect competitive lists will usually include at least one, unless they're maxing out their elite slots.

Since we don't have to worry about templates or maneuvering around terrain to avoid being slowed, conscript blobs will be easier to field without being a pain in the rear to play with or against. I have a battle to report... will do so shortly elsewhere.