Author Topic: Eldar Leaks 8th Ed - moved to here  (Read 6342 times)

Offline Shadenuat

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Eldar Leaks 8th Ed - moved to here
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2017, 04:52:39 PM »
Cool. What about the Pulse laser though?

Offline Odras

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2017, 06:43:14 PM »
Cool. What about the Pulse laser though?

I only included the basic heavy weapons for now because they had an individual points cost and can be equipped on a variety of platforms. When I complete my calculations for the units themselves the pulse laser falcon will be included in that.

My initial thoughts on the pulse laser are that it is quite a good weapon on its own, but that the falcon platform is over-costed at the moment. We will see if I am right when I finish the calculations. I am hopeful that the pulse laser is good so I can use all my hornets that have them equipped.

Edit: Interestingly from what I have done so far the star cannons seem to be the way to go on the wraithknight. Being able to move and shoot without -1 seems to be good for them and they actually compliment the heavy wraithcannons and the suncannon quite well.. Shuriken cannons don't seem to be very good on the WK.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:27:48 PM by Odras »

Offline Shadenuat

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2017, 09:37:41 PM »
Falcon - sure, but Crimson Hunter is reasonably priced.

Offline Odras

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2017, 12:31:13 AM »
Falcon - sure, but Crimson Hunter is reasonably priced.

The crimson hunter is not something I have had too much of a look at. When I get my book tonight I will have a look at it too. If I remember correctly though, the basic Crimson Hunter was less points than a Falcon. Seems like for it's loadout, it could be well worth it.