Author Topic: What will 8th edition bring or the Unforgiven?  (Read 440 times)

Online Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
What will 8th edition bring or the Unforgiven?
« on: June 04, 2017, 01:04:05 PM »
Hello all of my battle brothers so today I am writing this to get your thoughts and opinions on what it is that the Unforgiven can do in 8th edition? Whether you already know or your speculation is I welcome it all.

Personally I cannot wait to see what our named characters do and how all of the wings will be affected.

With the ability to fire multiple overwatches in 8th, I hope greenwing will still be able to somehow use their full BS overwatch. Also with the increase in points for transports does this mean the end of greenwing? I really hope not. Continuing along however we come to the main unit I have been trying to find a good use for, the Company Veterans, I do not know what to really expect from them in this edition, but I hope that they can take jump packs and get some stuff for cheaper, rather than just having access to everything.

As for deathwing I really really hope that we can get the old deathwing assault rule back and deepstrike turn 1, plus now that you can charge after deepstriking deathwing will be very nasty. I am not sure however what will happen to the command squad, not only for deathwing but all wings, as in the dark imperium box we saw that you can take the banner guy or ancient separately, are command squads no longer a thing? I hope not. However more into our main power house unit, the deathwing knights. With all terminators being 2 wounds I would like to see the Knights maybe bumped up to 3 wounds, but even if they are not I still have hope that this unit will do what it still does, absolutely destroy.

Next we come to the ravenwing. The ravenwing, I hope get nerfed actually. Now I know what you are thinking, like woah what are you talking about, nerf the ravenwing? what is wrong with you? However hear me out on this, as it stands right now ravenwing in 7th are certainly good yes but 7th is all about bike stars and ravenwing certainly are not helping with that, I love them in the fluff and table top but they have just lost a lot of flavor for me, because everyone who I know that plays DA, all of their lists are the same, a few dark shrouds and the rest are black knights. Hats off to those people who play like that, if that is what you enjoy by all means, I do not enjoy that however. I hope that they remain viable but not as viable as they are now.

Subsequently we come to the characters. Azrael and Ezekiel are my personal favorites and cannot wait to see what they do especially with interromancy. I want to see the points on Azrael cut down however, as he is a little costly for what he does now and does not have a unit he can hang with. That I feel wont matter too much in 8th as characters cant join units but that also begs the question, how is his helm going to work? Both Azreal and Ezekiel are certainly going to be better in combat with the changes to swords and the like.
Next we have Belial and Sammael, these two are like the dynamic duo in my mind, one is in command of slow and powerful terminators, that specialize in maximum damage, while the other is quick nimble able to get in get out and summon his brothers in for help, while also packing quite a punch himself and with the help of his company it just gets better. I would think Belial is going to see a lot more action this edition considering the changes to deep strike, and I really want him to come in turn 1. As for Sammael I am not really sure what I want from him, he is great as it stands right now and is pretty close to his fluff.
Oh god-emperor finally we have Asmodai, he is garbage as it stands now, 100% out classed by the generic interrogator. I really want him to get something for killing guys in a challenges, because he is ---ing Asmodai, he makes people regret their existence, so gw better do something to make him better, like make is blades of reason like -2 or -3 ap in 8th, do something for christs sake gw.

Again my brothers please tell me your thoughts and hopes, or do you have conformation on some things in the new book, whatever the case please I would more than enjoy to continue the discussion.

Offline Quercus

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: What will 8th edition bring or the Unforgiven?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 09:08:27 AM »
My local store had the new index's and the rule book for people to look at.
Azrael does d3 damage and mortal wounds on 6's.
Ezekiel now has a 4+ invulnerable save.
Sammael has double strength on the turn that he charges.
Deep strike has been changed to the end of any movement phase but you have to be 9 inches away from an enemy model.
Can't remember if Azrael had a point drop but Sammael did if he is using his jetbike but he is more expensive if he is using his land speeder.
Some of the changes that I can remember.
Repent! For tomorrow you die

Online Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
Re: What will 8th edition bring or the Unforgiven?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 02:46:36 PM »
Thank you for the insight brother but it looks like miniwargaming put a video up on the Dark Angels so that definitely helps and I will check out my local store to see if they have the book.