Author Topic: First 8th list 1999 pts / 109 power level  (Read 398 times)

Offline Packetboy

• Battle Brother
  • Get's Hot... Not anymore. Keep shooting!
    • View Profile
First 8th list 1999 pts / 109 power level
« on: June 13, 2017, 11:46:08 PM »
Hello,
        I have been playing around with the new rules for IG and created my first list. First, a note on power level. They seem to approximate 20 points per power level and I find that in general if you play power level you're better give everything available to the squad to it or you will be under power in a even power level game. I found that in general, I can fit more stuff with the point system because every units is not upgraded with everything available, thus giving me more room for extra units. I build my list with a heavy hoard meta in mind. (I look a you ork player Bro) but even so with 6 tanks pumping between 23 and 28 shots each at BS 2+ and 3+ and a couple wyverns, tanks are not safe either. 

There is enough officer to give order to all the infantry squads and give close quarter support. I added the Priest to help where the ennemy will crashed into the line to give some extra attacks to everybody around. The Storm Troopers are to be dropped behind ennemy lines to blow up back line shooty tanks or monsters, helped with the Manticore that good against everything with it 2D6 strenght 10 shots. The infantry Squads are to spread to avoid deep strikes next to a tank and advance with the vehicles mid-field for area denial and objectives grabing. The Warlord could be the Lord Commissar or the Company Commander, but personnaly, I would pick the Company Commander with the +1 leardership bubble warlord traits to spread ability across multiple characters. The Rough Riders can stay behind the infantry to counter charge or outflanked depending on the opponant list.

Enjoy, Comment!

Reference: PM - Power Maul
                PP - Plasma Pistol
                MM - Multi-Melta
                LC - Lascannon
                GL  Grenade Launcher
                ML - Missile Launcher
                HB- Heavy Bolter

1999 pts Battle Forge list, 12 Command pts
HQ 602 pts
Company Commander
PM, PP
Lord Commissar
PM, PP
Pask with Punisher Turret
2 MM, LC
Tank Commander with Punisher Turret
2MM, LC

Troops and Dedicated Transport 782 pts
Taurox Prime
Taurox Gatling Cannon, 2 Hot-Shot Volley Gun
Taurox Prime
Taurox Prime
Taurox Prime
5 Militarum Tempestus Scions
2 Melta Gun
5 Militarum Tempestus Scions
2 Melta Gun
Infantry Squad
GL, ML
Infantry Squad
GL, ML
Infantry Squad
GL, ML
Infantry Squad
GL, ML

Elite 109 pts
Munitorum Priest
Inferno Pistol
Platoon Commander
PM,PP
Platoon Commander
PM,PP

Fast Attack 190 pts
6 Rough Riders
6 Rough Riders
7 Rough Riders

Heavy 316 pts
Wyvern
HB
Wyvern
HB
Manticore
HB
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:12:38 AM by Packetboy »
-INCOMING BARRAGE!
-Don't be afraid brothers. It will be a victorious day! Let's  face our enemies standing, with fire in our heart and... Kaboom
        Last word of the rebel leader on Axion 4