Author Topic: Hunter against armor and light vehicles? (1,000 pt list included)  (Read 995 times)

Offline Discoqueen

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Hey y'all

I'm working on a 1,000 put list, and I'm trying to beef up my heavy support a bit.

I'm looking through the 8th edition codex for SMs, and I'm seeing the Skyspear Missile Launcher is like a twin lascannon (since it has a rule that the Skyspear can re-roll missed hit rolls), except with added range and an advantage against models that have the Fly special rule. So I guess I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Because it's supposed to be an anti-air weapon, is there a reason I couldn't multi-purpose it's role for my army? Or, can I pull a Germany in WW2, and use my anti-air as an excellent anti-vehicle weapon?

Thanks ^.^

Also, here's my list, if y'all want some context, or have any suggestions.

HQ
Captain w/ m-c boltgun and power sword
Primaris Leuitenant w/ m-c bolt rifle

Troops:
intercessor squad (5)
2x:
Tactical squad (5) w/ heavy bolter, sarg w/ power sword and bolt pistol
Scouts (5) w/ sniper rifles

Heavy Support
Predator w/ twin lascannon, hunter-killer, storm bolted, and two side lascannons
Hunter w/ Skyspear, hunter-killer, and storm bolter

Elites
Vanguard Vet. Squad (5) w/ jump packs, plasma pistols, lightning claws, Sarah with power sword

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter against armor and light vehicles? (1,000 pt list included)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 03:37:52 PM »
It's not a Twin Lascannon, it's one.  So the platform is 120pts all told with a single shot, when a Razorback is 115pts with an actual Twin Lascannon.  Slight decrease in stats, but twice the shots and transports small units which you have.  Frankly, the Hunter is just too expensive for the little bit it does.  I'd rather take that Razorback, some Devestators, Dreadnought with Las/Missile, literally anything that does more shots.  With as many Wounds as things have now, one shot is a drop in the bucket and a lot of things can make it fizzle into 'not worth the trouble' territory.

Offline Discoqueen

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 02:43:18 AM »
Ahh, okay. Sorry I'm just cracking into the hobby: the Heavy 2 on the lascannon is what I was missing!

Thank you for the correction and suggestion. It seems like a Razorback will do nicely :)

Offline brianstockel

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 02:07:28 PM »
I had to look twice myself again (I have the pred w/ lascannons). It's most definitely a twin lascannon on the main gun. It can take two additional lascannons in its side sponsons.

It's a matter of preference between the razorback or predator and it depends on what you're trying to do. Two totally different battlefield roles.