Author Topic: Chaos - Deathguard - 1500 pts  (Read 955 times)

Offline Akaiyou

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Chaos - Deathguard - 1500 pts
« on: June 28, 2017, 02:54:55 PM »
Battalion Detachment - 3cp
HQ 2-3

Typhus - 164/9
Smite + Miasma of Pestilence + Gift of Contagion

Malignant Plaguecaster - 110/6
Smite + Miasma of Pestilence + Plague Wind

Malignant Plaguecaster - 110/6
Smite + Miasma of Pestilence + Plague Wind

Troops 3-6

20 Poxwalkers - 120/6

20 Poxwalkers - 120/6

30 Cultists - 150/9

Elites 0-6

Noxious Blightbringer - 80/4
plasma pistol

Noxious Blightbringer - 80/4
plasma pistol

Fast Attack 0-3

Foetid Bloat-drone - 158/10
Plaguespitter x2
Plague probe

Foetid Bloat-drone - 158/10
Plaguespitter x2
Plague probe

Heavy Support 0-3
Defiler - 246/16
reaper autocannon
Defiler scourge

Total Roster = 1496
Power Level = 86

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos - Deathguard - 1500 pts
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 03:27:27 PM »
You're very VERY light on anti armor.  Once the Defiler dies, and things die fast this Edition, you're going to be about out of things that can actually do damage.  I'd drop one of each character and support your army with another heavy hitter.  A tank of some kind that isn't a Vindicator.  I'd personally go with a Predator, but arguments can be made for anything from Helbrutes to Forge World stuff.  it all depends on the missions you play though.  Eternal War, this sort of army I've been seeing perform well.  Maelstrom, not so much.  Nurgle is slow and needs long range capabilities while the Bloats apply pressure.

Offline Akaiyou

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 03:48:00 PM »
Can't say I've done poorly with Death Guard so far it's been going pretty well and they are all really resilient.

I don't see the Defiler going down easily even with the opponent focusing everything on it for 2 turns. It just means the rest of my army can get up across the field which it does reather quickly with 2 noxious blightbringers in tow.

If the opponent is bringing that much anti armor i'd dare say I have this game in the bag. I played against Tau whom had 3 hammerheads and killing the Foetid Bloat-drone in 1 turn while possible took basically all of their shooting. Demonic units get a very useful invulnerable save not to mention I also get disgustingly resilient and a ton of wounds.

Astra Militarum may be a problem though since they can cheaply field tons of lascannons.

Offline MiniTV

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 07:31:13 PM »
Yeah, I played a game against the new IG, their lascannon crews can chew up heavy units fairly quickly. I suggest LOS blockers when that happens. Maybe even some deep striking units to disrupt their lines and tie them up in close combat.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 07:33:29 PM by MiniTV »
The Great Devourer for the win

Offline Akaiyou

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 03:35:08 PM »
Against Astra Militarum i'm 1-2, where as versus Tau i am 3-0.

In both my losses against Astra Militarum I used very elitist armies though. (All 3 of my first 8th ed games were against this opponent) so i was testing things out, messing up a lot on rules and ultimately 2 daemon princes, 2 sorcerers, a helbrute and a chaos lord is not survivable against an entire guard detachment with several lascannons in the rear sniping a character per turn. Not to mention ratlings hurt like a --- lol

Now that i am fleshing out more infantry in my lists I can't wait to see how I fare against Astra Militarum and their infantry heavy shenanigans.