Author Topic: Battle Report - Adeptus Ministorium 1500 pts  (Read 3886 times)

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
Battle Report - Adeptus Ministorium 1500 pts
« on: July 02, 2017, 01:55:01 AM »
Had my first game the other day wth Sisters in 8th, 1500 pts vs Space marines.

First, my opponent is the nicest guy to play against and we always have fun and this game was no different.

1500pts
----------
Elite choice: Vindicare Assassin

Outrider Detachment
-----------------------
HQ
Cannoness - No upgrades

Fast attack x 3

Dominion squad
Superior - Combi-melta
4 x Dominion with melta guns

Transport: Repressor

Dominion squad
Superior - Combi-melta
4 x Dominion with melta guns

Transport: Repressor

Seraphim squad
Superior - Plasma Pistol, Powersword
2 x superior with inferno pistols
2 x seraphim

Spearhead Detachment

HQ
Celestine + 2 geminis

Elite
1 x imagifier

Elites x 3
Exorcist with storm bolter

2 x Penitent Engines

Retributer Squad
superior - stock
4 x retributer with 4 heavy bolters

----------------------------------------------------
Tactics
----------------------------------------------------

First the result: I tabled the Space marine opponent (Lysander, tactical squad in rhino, interessors, centurians, scouts, librarian, landraider)

Tactics of the army:

First, the army is really split up into 2 sections

Section 1: Fire support

Exorcist + imagifier
Canonness
Retributer Squad

Role: Army wide 2+ Act of faith is on Retributers to fire, then fire again in their normal shooting phase for 24 points (not bad for an 85 pt unit)

4+ Act of faith is used by the Imagifier to (RAW) act on the Exorcist to fire, then fire again in its shooting phase (less reliable, but when it works is great)

Canonness: Gives a reroll 1's to both Retributers and Exorcist :-)

Section 2: Assault force

Seraphim squad
Celestine
2 x dominion squads in repressors
2 x penitent engines

Role: This worked AMAZING!!!!
Step 1:

Dominion squads:  Even if they go first, Repressors move forward 12" before the game begins into cover orinto assault depending on if you win first turn or not. If you win first turn, you move forward 12", then in your movement phase, move forward 12" and melta anything in 12" range. This gives your dominions a 36" threat range. It took both repressors, but 10 melta shots took the Landraider down to 1 wound (retributer squad finished off the landraider with 1 wound left)

MAJOR TACTIC: When you move the repressors forward, do it in this manor:
1. Move behind Ruins cover giving you -1 to hit
2. Pop smoke: giving a further -1 to hit
3. When you do this, position if possible so the attack coming from the unit that is liekly to attack them with heavy weapons doesnt have a good LOS. If they have to move with their heavy weapons, that will give them a further -1 to hit in a lot of cases. Now, you should be able to pull off at least -2 to hit doing this, and between both vehicles, thats 24 wounds, 10 Meltagun shots, 4 Heavy flamers and 2 storm bolters.... just count up how many hits that is!

24 (possible flamers) + 10 melta gun + 8 stormbolters (if within 12") = 40 shots from 2 vehicles. Then even if they blow one up, get our and coninue running.

But Repressors get better... If you can charge with the repressor, each attack becomes 3 attacks as per their rules (9 attacks) due to their dozerblade. Not bad if you must get into combat (like a 500 point knight), just to tie it up for a turn or 2.

In this game, however, I didnt win first turn, so they moved forward with their pre-game move into LOS blocking terrain, then use same tactic above.

Celestine: Used her act of faith to move forward 12", then she moved forward 12" and assaulted the Intercessors (wiped them out). I used the warlord trait that gave her an act of faith whenever she charges.

The penitent engines moved forward with Celestine in the middle and flamed the librarian and scouts and seraphim to assault  the middle of the board. With their range, Celestine kept the focus on her while the Penitent engines did their work.

... and man... did they do the business! 4 Heavy flamers and 8 attacks in assault meant they owned anythng they charged. No unit made it (even lysander) passed the first round for them to try their 4+ attack ability.

Everyone at the club went.. whoo watch for them in future...

Army had: 3 acts of faith, double shooting retributers and exorcists rerolling on 1's and and large assault force that had both the movement,toughness and flamers to hurt bad. I could take on close combat, could make double shooting or movement which meant you dont have a 1500 pt sisters force, you have a 2500 pts sisters force. I know people think units like the imagifier are not reliable, but if they only work 50% of the time (on their 4+), thats like having another exorcist you didnt have to pay for. Units like an 85 pts retributer squad, if you use your 2+ act of faith, reliably shoot 24 times. Against say a 250 point terminator unit, they will wound on 3's, and the terminator unit saves on 3's... they will own it!

(simple math hammer)
24 shots at 3's to hit = 16 hits. and 10.67 wounds to a terminator unit (in the open). On a 3+ armour save 6 will be saved with 4 wounds done. = 2 dead terminators. They almost just paid for themselves (85 points). Now that mathhammer didnt take into account ANY rolled 1's from the canonnes.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 02:10:07 AM by mcphro »

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Report - Adeptus Ministorium 1500 pts
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 02:18:17 PM »
Sadly the faq fixed act of faithing exorcists and repressors and the such., but good job on tabling space marines they deserve it!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 05:12:19 PM »
Yes, just read that this morning....

I shall be reviewing...

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 06:31:31 PM »
I have a 1k list i am working on for a tournament this weekend that i may or may not play in. Would you beable to help give some pointers for the list?

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 01:29:50 AM »
Sure when i get home...

But here is one for starters...

As per thr mew faqs and designers notes

Holy moly.... did u read some of the designers note...

Did i read this right. If you have an ability to shoot 'out of the shooting phase'.. you are allowed to target a character.

Not targeting a character only exists in the shooting phase.

Retributers just became character snipers with 4 x heavy bolters using an act of faith!

It appears you can target characters with a shooting attack as long as it isnt in the shooting phase.

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 08:16:00 AM »
Ok I have 3 lists you could have a think about. Just be aware im not the perfect SOB player either, but these are sort of a varient of what I took on the weekend.

Neither are probably going to win you any friends ;-)

Lets get started...

List 1 - Spearhead Detachment - 1000 pts
------------------------------------

HQ
Celestine + 2 Gemini

Fast Attack
Dominion squad (Combi-melta + 4 melta guns)

Heavy Support
Exorcist
Retributor Squad - (Combi-flamer +  2 x Multi-melta + 2 Heavy Flamer)
Retributer Squad - (4 x Heavy Bolters)

Dedicated Transports
Repressor - 2 Heavy Flamers

What this list does
  • Celestine is just nasty and will be in EVERY list you every make with SOB - period
  • The Dominion squad is your anti-tank unit - mounted in the repressor is has 5 melta shots, 2 heavy flamers and a storm bolter.
  • The Exorcist is your obvious heavy support - Sometimes you just need 1
  • Ahh the Retributer squad, in this configuration I'd be so tempted to do this with the other Retributer squad- This is mounted in the other repressor. You can fire 6 weapons. The combined fire from this repressor is: 2 multimeltas, 3 combiflamer/ Heavy flamers, 2 heavy flamers and a storm bolter from the transport. - Thats 5 x D6 auto hits from mostly heavy flamers... you know you could take it to 7 flamers in total too if you replaced the multimeltas (evil grin - 7 x D6 Heavy flamer hits at a 31" threat range)
  • Retributer squad - As mentioned in my previous post, this is your character sniper killer.
     As per the latest FAQ and the Designers notes, you can target characters as long as its a shooting attack but NOT in the shooting phase. This means we can use the Act of faith (2+)
     on this squad to target any character not in a transport. 12 Str 5, -1 AP, 1 dmg shots. (Mathhammer - 8 will hit, 5 will wound, prob a few wounds)
  • Strategy: Keep the Repressors together with celestine and concentrate your moves and firepower in the same 1/4 of the board. Trust me, once they see what the Repressors can do, they will be a big enough of a distraction carnifex. That with Celestine beating them up they will have trouble focusing on the Exorcist and the retributer (heavy bolter)s putting outs 24 shots a turn.

MY PREFERENCE
------------------------------------------------------------
List 2 - Outrider Detachment - 1000 pts

HQ
Celestine + 1 Gemini (also means you can only resurrect 1(

Fast Attack
Dominion squad(Combi-flamer +  2 x melta + 2 Flamer)
Dominion squad (Combi-flamer +  2 x melta + 2 Flamer)
Seraphim squad (plasma pistol, 2 inferno pistols)

Heavy Support
Exorcist

Dedicated Transports

What this list does
  • This is a similar list to the above but perhaps a little more balanced 
  • Celestine maybe a little more vulnerable due to only having 1 Gemini, but you need that 50 points where
  • Since you have 2 dominion squads, both repressors can scout forward 12", move 12" and melta/flamer on with 5 x D6 auto hits from flamers/ heavy flamers, 2 x melta shots, and a storm bolter. Keep both vehicles together and focus fire enemy units to death (10 x D6 auto hits anyone) 
  • The Seraphim stay with celestine giving her much needed support in the form of melta and plasma and you can use both acts of faith to superpower the movement from both of these units. Celestine will also give a 5+ Shield of faith that is rerollable too to the seraphim squad.
  • Same story for the Exorcist 
  • Same story for the Retributer squad 
  • Why this list? Simply:  It has more flexability (both repressors can scout forward with the 2 Dominion units (another list you can only do it with 1). It has extra speed for units to take objectives (seraphim) but it can still pull all its shenanigans like the last list too. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List 3

Lastly, another option

MY alternate PREFERENCE
------------------------------------------------------------
List 2 - Spearhead Detachment - 1000 pts

HQ
Celestine + 1 Gemini (also means you can only resurrect 1)

Elite
1 x Imagifier

Fast Attack
Dominion squad(Combi-flamer +  2 x melta + 2 Flamer)
Dominion squad (Combi-flamer +  2 x melta + 2 Flamer)

Heavy Support

Dedicated Transports
Repressor - 1 Heavy Flamers, 1 stormbolter (to make points work)

What this list does
  • In this list you loose some anti-tank, but you gain 3 x Retributer squads with heavy bolters as the Heavy support. and an Imagifier. The WHOLE point to taking this list, is to leverage the acts of faith and the imagifer (use command points if its worth it) to pump out so much heavy bolter fire that you will intimidate opponents if they have any infantry at all not protected in a vehicle. Thats 36 shots using acts of faith at 36" Str 5, AP -1, 1 dmg) plus you get to do it all over again (this time using shooting rules in the shooting phase) = 72 shots @ Str 5, Ap -1, 1 Dmg per turn!!!! Over 5 turns, thats a possible 360 shots (half of those can be shot directly at characters using Acts of Faith.
  • The main issue with this list, is, can you deal with the opposing tanks. This is where you need to be smart with the repressors and Celestine to all put pressure on the same pat of the board togather. With combines 4 x melta, 9 x D6 auto flamer his (3 are heavy flamers) and  2 x storm bolters, thats a lot to put out. None of that included Celestine!

Ok, very long winded, but hope it gave you food for though. I just want to take list 3 vs Tyranids hehe.

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 12:55:31 PM »
Sadly i don't own any repressors...and they haven't been up on forgeworld for sale since they broke the mold for it.

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 03:40:15 PM »
What i got so far for 1k is

HQ
Celestine - 1 gemni
Cannoness - condeemer bolter

Troop
Battles sisters 5 man - flamer, heavy flamer, combi-flamer
Battle sisters 5 man - flamer, heavy flamer, combi-flamer

Fast Attack
Seraphim 10 man - 2 dual hand flamer girls

Elites
Imagifer
Imagifer

Heavy
Retributer 5 man - 4 heavy bolters

Transports
Immolator - immolator flamer

Kinda just using flamer spam and heavy bolters to mulch infontry and hopefully enough dakka to break vehicles if needed.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 03:45:12 PM by Leftovers44 »

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 08:16:30 PM »
What i got so far for 1k is

HQ
Celestine - 1 gemni
Cannoness - condeemer bolter

Troop
Battles sisters 5 man - flamer, heavy flamer, combi-flamer
Battle sisters 5 man - flamer, heavy flamer, combi-flamer

Fast Attack
Seraphim 10 man - 2 dual hand flamer girls

Elites
Imagifer
Imagifer

Heavy

Transports

Kinda just using flamer spam and heavy bolters to mulch infontry and hopefully enough dakka to break vehicles if needed.

Is this an illegal list? Which force org chart are you using. If battalion you need to have 3 troops.

Why go the 2 imagifiers? With this set up you will get upto 4 Acts of faith, but the only units they will affect is the retributers.

1 - 2_ army wide roll each turn
1 - Celestine within 6" auto
1 - 4+ imagifier
1 - 4+ imagifier

You wont need that many acts of faith. How bout this:
---------------------------
Outrider Detachment - 1000 pts

HQ
Celestine + 1 Gemini

Elite
1 x Imagifier (For the Heavy Bolters)

Fast Attack
Dominion squad (Combi-flamer + 4 flamers)
1 x Seraphim squad (plasma pistol, 2 Inferno pistols)
1 x Seraphim squad (plasma pistol, 2 Inferno pistols)

Heavy Support

Dedicated Transports
Immolator - Immolation Flamer
Immolator - Immolation Flamer

Notes:
- The army 2+ AOF and your 4+ imagifier AOF works on the Retributers to give you 24 free shots a turn (target character models first priority, and or first blood opportunities
- 1 Immolator can scout into cover or attack depending on which turn you are going. The squad inside if they get out are all flamers (still get yout 7 x D6 auto hits if you include the vehicle.
- There is a battle sisters squad with 2 flamers and a storm bolter (they are now cheaper so you should be able to buy some for your vehicles, im using battlescribe) that rides in your other immolator following up the Dominions
- 2 Seraphim squads with inferno pistols each and a plasma pistol. This army, you can choose to use Celestines AOF and the Army wide 2+ AOF to position your seraphim and celestine into position as well.

The seraphim squads are important because they get a 5plus rerollable invun shield of faith roll as long as they are near 6'' of celestine. This gives your assaults some reilliance.

Note: Im finding you are more susceptible to moral with larger squads (10 seraphim strong unit) because you tend to loose more models hence the moral modifier is larger (and we are just T3) - just something to think about.

This list you can choose to pour out the bolter fire, manoeuvre the fast attack into position, have the speed with multiple units to pick up objectives

Repressors - I 3D printed my own since I have access to a 3D printer. I even 3D printed my own Penitent Engines.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 08:37:38 PM by mcphro »

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 11:24:59 PM »
The list I made is a legal Patrol detachment, I did go a bit over kill on the extra acts of faith but the potential for 4 makes a turn where seraphim are out, Celestine doing assault stuff, and than you get the 24 heavy bolter shoots. Or even the battle sister squads if they are up to strength and near enough to hurt something but can get by with less for sure.

Do you know if Celestines act can be used on herself? It seems like you can't but for other characters their aura buffs affect themselves so does hers count too?

Should consider inferno pistols as a anti vehicle option or combi-meltas in my list. Just only thing with inferno pistols is that you can't really deep strike them in for some alpha because of the 6" range but i guess with act of faith they can move 24" a turn so not to huge of a deal but could still make get caught and killed with out doing to much.

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 11:57:20 PM »
The list I made is a legal Patrol detachment, I did go a bit over kill on the extra acts of faith but the potential for 4 makes a turn where seraphim are out, Celestine doing assault stuff, and than you get the 24 heavy bolter shoots. Or even the battle sister squads if they are up to strength and near enough to hurt something but can get by with less for sure.

Do you know if Celestines act can be used on herself? It seems like you can't but for other characters their aura buffs affect themselves so does hers count too?

Should consider inferno pistols as a anti vehicle option or combi-meltas in my list. Just only thing with inferno pistols is that you can't really deep strike them in for some alpha because of the 6" range but i guess with act of faith they can move 24" a turn so not to huge of a deal but could still make get caught and killed with out doing to much.

I see online people use the act of faith used on herself. Her rules states: "You can pick a friendly Adepta Sororitas unit within 6" of celestine and perform an act of faith with it".  Now under her faction keywords, she does have that Adepta Sororitas keyword.

As for the Imagifiers, the unit that can get the act of faith on a 4+ must be within 6". This means units like seraphim wont be in range of them. It would be better to use them on the Retributers. They arnt bad by any means, and i wonder what an army would look like with 3 retributers and 3 imagifiers... thats a lot of shots.

7th Edition they made it harder to kill tanks. This edition it is even harder again. You need some melta on the table ad Str 5 bolters wont cut it. You maybe facing land raiders. in my last game 12 heavy bolters did 1 wound to a landraider. They have 16 wounds.

Seraphim are great for a few reasons.
1. Celestine can buff their Shield of faith to a 5+ not 6+.
2. Their special ability gives them a rerollable Shield of faith. Great vs large creatures and so forth.
3. Their flamers are now only D3 not D6. Hardly worth it.
4. You still get a plasma pistol from the superior.

So even if you have 2 squads of 5, treat them as 1 squad of 10. 4 Melta shots, 2 plasma shots, 12 Bolter shots. Thats pretty good for a unit that can move 12.

Then if you use your Acts of faith from celestine and your 2+ act of faith, then they move 12" first, then they move 12" in their movement phase and have a 6" pistol range. So can be deployed centrally, and depending if you opponent sticks a unit out by itself, they are going to surprise assault on its bum. You could give them a powersword each for some more bite if you wish, i do.

Always keep celestine within 6" of a seraphim unit so they also tank the wounds unless your getting shot by snipers. another thought too, you could always use an assassin to pop on out and assault the same turn you intend to assault with the seraphim. Adds another unit to the mix, just a thought.

Well good luck on the Tourney dude. Post your list when youve finalised it and let us know how you did.

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 06:48:48 PM »
I'll make a new post on the results and a break down of how I did hear shortly. Thanks again for the help in list making!

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 08:45:24 AM »
Cant wait. Did it go ok?

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2017, 02:48:16 PM »
How did your tourney go?

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2017, 06:13:25 PM »
Well I ended up going 2 wins - 1 lose in the tournament. It kinda of sucked having more units than my opponents and ended up going second every game as well as being unable to seize the initiative and the game always going to turn 6.