Author Topic: 8th edition dread mob  (Read 510 times)

Offline new@40k

• Initiate
    • View Profile
8th edition dread mob
« on: July 26, 2017, 11:54:01 PM »
I'm investing all my time and resources lately in building a dread mob army. I've spent the past few years assembling a speed freaks type list but I want to play orks differently now. I've always liked the ork walkers but in all but the most casual setting they were pretty much unplayable in the past few editions. I want to know what you fellow warboss can come up with to help me finish off the models I should get. I'm off to a pretty solid start I think, but Ive got some points to play with in making a 2k point army. I've got the following so far: big mek with kff x2, gorkanaut/morkanaut x 2, deff dread x3,  killa kans x3. If I drop the kff off the meks, I will have enough points to add a 3rd gorkanaut and another unit of 3 kans. I can still get the kff bubble by making one of the big boys into a morkinaut. Is 3 gork/morkanauts crazy? In the 2 games when I have used them, they have been absolute beasts. Killa Kans seem important to add a little bit of bs4 shooting and to beef up the number of models on the table. I guess my question is boiling down to, do you think a 3rd gorkanaut or 6 killa kans would be the better choice?

DeffBossGitKrusha

Re: 8th edition dread mob
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 01:20:47 PM »
big mek with kff x2, gorkanaut/morkanaut x 2, deff dread x3,  killa kans x3. If I drop the kff off the meks, I will have enough points to add a 3rd gorkanaut and another unit of 3 kans. I can still get the kff bubble by making one of the big boys into a morkinaut. Is 3 gork/morkanauts crazy? In the 2 games when I have used them, they have been absolute beasts. Killa Kans seem important to add a little bit of bs4 shooting and to beef up the number of models on the table. I guess my question is boiling down to, do you think a 3rd gorkanaut or 6 killa kans would be the better choice?

Neat.
Well, I don't really know. I've used a Gorkanaut once so far and it takes one heck of a beating. two would be really solid. I like my KFF Big Meks quite a lot so far.
 I haven't tried Dreads or Kans yet but am in the middle of rearming my Kans. So, what else is in your list then? A literal Kan wall? Or are there boys in that list?

Offline new@40k

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 06:27:26 PM »
Spearhead detachment
HQ - big mek 55
Heavy - gorkanaut 364
Heavy - gorkanaut 364
Heavy - morkanaut with kff 374

Spearhead detachment
HQ - big mek 55
Heavy - deff dread x 3 (4) dread klaws each 447
Heavy - killa kan x 3 with big shootas 171

Comes to 2001 points. I don't own the 2nd gorkanaut and I only have 3 kans so far, but this looks like a pretty fun list. No boys in this list, just a bunch of rusty walkers.

DeffBossGitKrusha

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 06:35:34 PM »
Spearhead detachment
HQ - big mek 55
Heavy - gorkanaut 364
Heavy - gorkanaut 364
Heavy - morkanaut with kff 374

Spearhead detachment
HQ - big mek 55
Heavy - deff dread x 3 (4) dread klaws each 447

Comes to 2001 points. I don't own the 2nd gorkanaut and I only have 3 kans so far, but this looks like a pretty fun list. No boys in this list, just a bunch of rusty walkers.
That's probably just fine the way it is. I wouldn't drop a Big Mek. You do need some cheap screening units, or not. Just remember you Meks have to be out side vehicles to fix them.  5 Command Points is good. 
When I said Gorkanaut it was dealer choice on which Naut you want. I think Greggles (Sp?) plays a list like. He's on Da WAAAGH and Dakka Dakka.