Author Topic: Psi shock  (Read 1288 times)

Offline MattyIce

• Battle Brother
  • 🖕🧀
    • View Profile
Psi shock
« on: December 29, 2015, 11:06:09 AM »
So I was looking at the rules for the psi shock rule and I'm a little confused in some situations

So a blast from psyk-out grenades hits a brother hood of psykers it does as many perils as hits to that squad? That would be that many rolls on the perils chart ?

Condemnor bolt gun if I was to give for say a squad of sister command squad all condemnor bolt guns and 4 hit that's 4 rolls on the perils chart ?

Hint hint : daemon prince trying to do some magical stuff make him perils over and over. sisters would smoke the grey Knights this way.  There is no rolling to wound or saving throws.
🖕🧀

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Psi shock
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 01:18:39 PM »
In my codex for psi-shock is if the psyker takes an unsaved wound. The hit doesnt cause them to just magically perils they get chance to save the shot.

Also condemnor bolt guns are a one shot use for the psi-shock, and if you want to beat grey knights as sisters just take a ton of melta.

Offline MattyIce

• Battle Brother
  • 🖕🧀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 03:29:48 PM »
No it's just a hit

If a model with psyker/brotherhood/psychic pilot is hit you randomly pick one model to take a perils

My buddy plays nurgle daemon prince with wings and a psyker he gets his jink plus the nurgle shrouded that's a +2 cover. Psi shock only needs to hit
🖕🧀

Offline MattyIce

• Battle Brother
  • 🖕🧀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 03:36:18 PM »
So I looked at the grey knight codex the sororitas and inquisition about psi shock

In the grey Knights and sororitas. Psi shock is only a hit

In true inquisition codex psi shock is a wound

Now grey Knights I believe is the newest rendition of the rules
🖕🧀

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 07:48:59 PM »
My sororitas codex for psi-shock says when they take an unsaved wound. Maybe I just haven't updated it recently or we are reading psi-shock in to different places in the same codex. For me it is on page 100 what do you have?

In my Inquisition codex it also says for psi-shock they suffer perils of the warp if they take an unsaved wound on page 226. Also I don't see where Psyk-out grenades have a blast attack, maybe that is a Grey Knight thing?

I haven't updated from black library in a while some maybe things have changed recently.

Offline MattyIce

• Battle Brother
  • 🖕🧀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 08:22:46 PM »
I have a pdf version it is located on page 73. Under the ranged weapons between the fluff profiles of the types of models and the pictures displaying the actual models. I would share a picture but I don't know how much of a codex I'm allowed to show on the forum
🖕🧀

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 08:32:54 PM »
So I am confused but I took both of these screen shots, one from  an old version of the codex I found and the  second on from the Adepta Sororitas codex I just re-downloaded from Black Library. It seems that it used to say what you are reading it as, but they updated the wordering to be like how it is in inquisition.

I found a quote about it on 1d4chan of all places "Condemnor Boltgun: The Condemner Boltgun is a unique Combi-Weapon that the Sisters and Inquisition get. Not as good as they were back in October, since the an update fixed a wording mistake and put its use in line with that of the inquisition. Now it only causes Perils to a Psyker on an unsaved wound, making it nowhere near as OP as it was back at release (where one didn't have to hit the Psyker, one merely had to hit the squad the Psyker was in and a perils was suffered by everyone. Sigh..."

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 08:34:28 PM »
Seems we are both right and also wrong.

I forgot to put in the 1d4chan link for reference https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Adepta_Sororitas(7E)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 08:37:59 PM by Leftovers44 »