Author Topic: Tyranid 2000 point ITC list-any suggestions appreciated  (Read 1313 times)

Offline thrst77

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Tyranid 2000 point ITC list-any suggestions appreciated
« on: September 03, 2017, 04:57:54 PM »
2000 point list

Dedicated Transport

Tyranocyte 138 points
-5 Deathspitters

Supreme Command Detachment- 1cp

HQ

Tervigon 250 points
-Massive Sything Talons
-Stinger Salvo

Tervigon 250 points
-Massive Sything Talons
-Stinger Salvo

Swarmlord 300 points
-Bone Sabres
-Prehencile Pincer Tail

Elites

Venomthrope brood 93 points
-Toxic Lashes(melee)
-Toxic Lashes(shooting)

Battalion Detachment- 3cp

HQ

Flying Hive Tyrant 170 points
-Monsterous Rending Claws
-Prehencile Pincer Tail

Flying Hive Tyrant 179 points
-Monsterous Rending Claws
-Prehencile Pincer Tail
-Toxic Sacs
-Adrenal Glands

Troops

20 Termagants 120 points
-10 with devourers
-10 with fleshborers

20 Termagants 120 points
-10 with devourers
-10 with fleshborers

30 hormagaunts 150 points
-Scything Talons

Heavy support

Exocrine 228 points
-Bio-plasmic Cannon
-Powerful Limbs

1998/2000 points

Warlord: Swarmlord
Warlord trait: +1 attacks on charge

7 command points

Swarmlord
-Catylist
-The Horror

1st Tyrant
-The Horror
-Onslaught

2nd Tyrant
-The Horror
-Onslaught

1st Tervigon
-Onslaught

2nd Tervigon
-Catylist

This is my current list that i have been playing. The Swarmlord starts in the drop pod. I intend to take it to an ITC tournament in a month and i am looking for any suggestions. Thanks!
Make em do da burny dance!

Offline geffthegoat

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Tyranid 2000 point ITC list-any suggestions appreciated
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 07:21:20 PM »
Find room in your list to max out both termagaunt squads to 30, stick with 10 devourers though. That way your opponent needs to chew through 20 Termagaunts a turn to make damage stick to them.

I personally dislike the swarmlord+tyrannocyte bomb, but thats because of my personal expierience with it. A friend of mine used to play that in my local meta, and yes, while he was effective, he never lived longer than turn two, since he was always cut off from the rest of the army.

I dont really get the point of the hormagaunts.

Also, while I haven't tried them myself, I'm not so positive about flyrants, I find they die far too quickly. The games I've seen them used they never seem too effective for their points.

I would personally try to fit a genestealer brood and a broodlord in there somewhere, genestealers are point for point the best melee unit in the codex and broodlords are the best HQ (apart from the forgeworld malanthrope) because it cant be targeted due to the character rule. I like to use a trygon to get them up the field, and then use the swarmlord to push them wherever they need to go, but delivery of the genestealer bomb is up to personal preference. Do get a genestealer bomb, though.

Also, just something I like to use in my games are a squad of rippers or two. Spore mines work as well, but I personally prefer rippers. They dont do much damage, but they are extremely valuable tools in a competetive tyranid army.
Nids are mostly a glass cannon army, and are thus very vulnerable to alpha strikes. Deploy/deepstrike rippers to bubblewrap key units like the exocrine and prevent them from being charged. You can control alot of board space with a single squd, since most units that have a deepstrike need to deploy 9" away from enemy units. A single ripper can mean they are suddenly 18" away from their target instead, which means no rapid fire, no charges, and forcing your opponents units out of position.
Also, if you happen to fiht a gunline army, you can force crucial heavy weapons units to fall back and deny shooting for a turn or two.
Finally, you can even pin down enemy CC units for a turn to buy yourself some time to position yourself properly.

Offline Frankydribble

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Tyranid 2000 point ITC list-any suggestions appreciated
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 11:25:44 PM »
This is a really good community. Because there are so many stories to read.