Author Topic: CSM 2k Brigade  (Read 1470 times)

Offline mccj1988

• Initiate
    • View Profile
CSM 2k Brigade
« on: September 27, 2017, 04:49:59 PM »
Hi guys, I'm looking for some feedback on this list, any thoughts would be appreciated  :)

HQ1 Chaos Lord, Power Sword, Combi Plasma
HQ2 Dark Apostle, Power Maul
HQ3  Exalted Champion, (wargear to be decided)

Troop1 Cultists, Autopistols, Brutal Assault Weapon, Mark of Khorne (unit size and other wargear to be decided)
Troop2 Cultists, Autopistols, Brutal Assault Weapon, Mark of Khorne (unit size and other wargear to be decided)
Troop3 Cultists, Autopistols, Brutal Assault Weapon, Mark of Khorne (unit size and other wargear to be decided)
Troop4 Cultists, Autoguns, Mark of Slaanesh (unit size and other wargear to be decided)
Troop5 Cultists, Autoguns, Mark of Slaanesh  (unit size and other wargear to be decided)
Troop6 Cultists, Autoguns, Mark of Slaanesh (unit size and other wargear to be decided)

Elite1 Helbrute, Helbrute Fist, Power Scourge
Elite2 Helbrute, Helbrute Fist, Power Scourge
Elite3 Helbrute, Helbrute Fist, Power Scourge

Fast1 Spawn
Fast2 Spawn
Fast3 Spawn

Heavy1 Chaos Predator, Lascannons x4
Heavy2 Chaos Predator, Lascannons x4
Heavy3 Chaos Predator, Lascannons x4

The basic idea is the Helbrutes run up one table edge with the spawn and the Predators sit on the other side with the shooty Cultists bubblewrapping, and the assaulty cultists filling out the area in the middle, the Lord stays near the Predators and shooty Cultists, while the other two characters go with the assault Cultists. Theres 12CP to spend on Strategems, and theres plenty of relic options for the characters.

These are models I currently have (I have nearly 200 Cultists).

At 2k points I can happily field 100-150 Cultists with varying levels of unit sizes load-outs, (1 Flamer or Heavy Stubber for every 10)

The army is painted in a colour scheme of my own making, so non legion specific, I have been using the Renegade Chapter rules for the ability to advance and charge in the same turn, but am open to trying other legion tactics.

It would be nice to take something like a Prince or Heldrake, but this would require a fairly significant reduction in Cultists, and this is meant to be a horde themed army, as my other armies are quite elite.

Thanks for reading  :D any questions please ask

Offline DCannon4Life

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: CSM 2k Brigade
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 08:53:04 AM »
Suggest you run Black Legion and look to get Abbadon into your list. This is a general recommendation for any time someone runs Helbrutes + Predators + Cultists.
First, you must learn Balance. --Miyagi

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 09:22:05 AM »
Agreed on getting Abby in the list.

Thoughts on the Spawn vs. Heldrake?

I think a Heldrake would work better then the spawn, but where to find the points?

Cultists #'s we don't want to touch- if you are all in you are all in.

An impressive looking mass of models on the table.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline mccj1988

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 02:51:16 PM »
Thanks for the reply guys, here's a revision with Abby included.

Battalion Detachment:
Abaddon
Exalted Champion, Powerfist, Mark of Slaanesh, Intoxicating Elixir Relic 

Cultists x40, Autopistols, Brutal Assault Weapon, Mark of Khorne
Cultists x40, Autopistols, Brutal Assault Weapon, Mark of Khorne
Cultists x40, Autoguns, Mark of Slaanesh

Helbrute, Helbrute Fist, Power Scourge

Spearhead Detachment
Chaos Lord, Combi-Plasma

Chaos Predator, Lascannons x4

Enough points spare to either throw in some Flamers/Stubbers or a couple of 10 man Cultists squads to sit on backfield objectives.
I love that Tide of Traitors Strat   8)
Now to find a cheap Abby on eBay to keep me going til a new version gets released (hopefully)

Offline DCannon4Life

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 03:33:34 PM »
I'd swap out the Chaos Lord for a Sorcerer (maybe with a Jump Pack). You have Abaddon for the re-rolls, a Sorcerer can give a unit or two a little boost.

Offline mccj1988

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 05:54:13 PM »
Yeah I was thinking a Sorc would be good, the Lord was there to stay with the Preds but I guess they can follow Abaddon and get the aura still

Offline DCannon4Life

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 11:24:59 AM »
Abbadon leads from the back, by buffing the preds and brutes and keeping the Cultists in check (holding the backfield).

If you want Chaos Lord-style support out front, then you should work a Daemon Prince back in. Difficult choices, I know.

Offline Celerior

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 10:19:57 AM »
It feels strong against imperial guard. Lascannons to take out the russes, and respawning tides of traitors for overwhelming guardsmen and bubble-wrapping the tanks against scions.

It feels weak against power armor. Your anti-infantry cultists are better against trash like guardsmen, and your predators are geared for shooting tanks and can only kill a couple models a turn. A marine gunline (esp. ravenguard or ultramarines) would be a problem for you.

Offline mccj1988

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 11:03:38 AM »
Hi guys, took this list to a 1 day, 3 game (2 Eternal War, 1 Maelstrom) tournament last weekend and did pretty well, 2 wins, 1 loss, and came 5th (my best result so far)
I went with the list from the original post, the missions were all objective based with a modifier for difference in victory points slain at the end of the game (2 Eternal War, 1 Maelstrom). Unfortunately, the cards weren't very kind to me in the maelstrom game but in the other 2, I had enough ObSec troops to secure victory.

Got an 1850 point tournament in 4 weeks, and will be changing the list to include Abbadon, and a Scorcerer or 2.