Author Topic: IG Blob squad  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Oneeye

• Initiate
    • View Profile
IG Blob squad
« on: October 04, 2017, 09:10:09 AM »
 I have a question to ask does anyone here have a good idea of how to take out IG blob squads?  There is a debate going on that blob squads are impossible to take out. I think that is possible to do it and I'm trying to figure out the best way to take it out. So this is an experiment that we're trying to do he is going to have a balanced army with 3 groups of 30. If anyone has a good idea for an army I have almost everything in the Elder list except for wraithknight. Thank you for your help in advance.

Online Chmmr_X

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: IG Blob squad
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 10:45:24 PM »
It's not just the blob squads, it's also all the supporting units behind it. The blob squads will stop you from targetting their hard hitters through area denial or range. So while you're targetting the blob squads, your entire army is dying. The problem with the IG Army is that their stuff is insanely cheap compared to Eldar. 3 squads of 20 Guardians (Equivalent to  480 pts) is hardly equivalent to 120 guardsmen (4 pts per guardsmen) or 160 conscripts (3 pts per conscript).

Note: The points are based on index. I don't know what are the new point costs for IG.

Offline eldarglim

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 03:01:40 AM »
and compare that to the Dire Avenger squad, 3 squads of 10 for 510 points (17 points per model)

Offline Oneeye

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 09:29:00 AM »
So how do you go about wining?
I beat them using Harlequins and the skyweaver, I had the Shadowseer cast Twilight Pathways and hit the tanks for a turn. And it worked