Author Topic: 8th Ed Eldar - Warhosts of the Asuryani  (Read 507 times)

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
8th Ed Eldar - Warhosts of the Asuryani
« on: October 29, 2017, 08:50:28 AM »
Welcome to the guide on war hosts of the Asuryani.

This term is actually important. I would draw your attention to the psychic powers of the Runes of Battle. You can cast the powers on all Asuryani Eldar.\

--------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your edit and contribution Odras
Asuryani is the general term that is applied to what we used to know as Eldar, know known as Craftworld Eldar. It is the equivalent of Drukhari or Harlequin. No harlequins or dark Eldar models have the Asuryani keyword. This is distinct from the <craftworld> keyword which can change for different Eldar models whereas they all have the Asuryani keyword.

When it comes to Ynnari, yes you can cast runes of battle powers on Ynnari Eldar models. The key with Ynnari is they gain the Ynnari keyword in addition to the keywords they already have. This is how the keywords work:

Craftworld Eldar --> Asuryani
Dark Eldar --> Drukhari
Harlequin --> Harlequins
Ynnari Craftworld Eldar --> Asuryani + Ynnari
Ynnari Dark Eldar --> Drukhari + Ynnari
Ynnari Harlequin --> Harlequins + Ynnari
Ynnari Character (Yvraine, Visarch, Yncarne) --> Ynnari

I wanted to also draw your attention to the <craftword> keyword. This is very important because with Eldar... you have choices!

Craftworld Attributes
As long as your Eldar is a battle-forged army, then the (up to 3) detachments can be from different Craftworlds. Each Craftworld has access to the Craftworld attributed below. But what I would emphasise, is that the battle reports if already seen on the internet, people tend to take a single craft world. Now, that's fine. You might take Beil tan and a full shuriken army. But what you ARE allowed to do, is take detachments specific to the strengths of your craft world.

For example:
- You might take an Iyanden detachment with a spearhead detachment (or battalion) with some rangers with a couple of fire prisms or other heavy units and just use cheap warlocks to fill your HQ. (This means this part of your army will be -1 to hit at ranges over 12")
- You might add another detachment that adds a Saim-Hann outrider with 3 units of scatter laser jetbikes and Shining Spears (This means this part of your army can move fast and not have modifiers, and... units like shining spears units can get huge movement and reroll buffs to get those charges off!)
- You might add a Beil -tan detachment - choose your warlord from Beil-tan. (All units that are Beil tan with shuriken weapons are rerolling 1's to hit. )

Yes - it appears you can tailor your army to have the Craftworld attribute (see below) that you need to make that part of your army get the BEST attribute that benefits them the most.  I think most people might only use 2 Craftworlds, but a battalion now can be made for as little as 2 warlocks and 3 ranger/ dire avenger units. Eldar players should be walking into games with 12 to 15 command points!

Not only that, but it might be possible to get a 2 brigade army if you can tailor cheap units to fill it. OR 1 brigade and 2 battalions. You could get 18 to 21 command points. I can't wait till battlescribe has been updated!

Warlord Traits
- You may have noticed above I choose the warlord from Beil-tan. The reason for this is that while you may have different Craftworld detachments, your warlord must be from 1 Craftworld if you want to access those warlord traits. Beil-tan is incredibly strong because 'at the start of the shooting phase a friendly Beil-tan unit within 3" can get all failed to hit rolls' - You just got a FREE GUIDE (that I think also affects close combat) every turn. So buy a 10 man Dark Reaper squad with the appropriate warlock support so keep them safer (even use web way portal strategem to bring them in the first turn to keep them safe).  As long as it is next to the farseer, then they get 3+ reroll to hit. Now, the best part???? The second Dark Reaper squad you purchased that was hiding in case you didn't get first turn, then moved into view and the farseer casts Guide on the second unit.

You now have 2 guides a turn. This is I think the only psychic power in the game that you get twice (at least in terms of the Beil tan warlord trait). Not only that, you don't have to roll anything to get it. A free guide.

Alaitoc Fieldcraft
-1 to hit rolls that target a unit at a range of 12"

Beil-Tan Swordwind
+1 LD to all Beil-Tan aspect warrior units
Reroll all hit rolls of 1 for all shuriken weapons

Iyanden Stoic Endurance
Can never lose more than 1 model to a failed psychic test
All damage chart attributes are halved for units until their double the number of wounds has been lost. Then the damage chart takes effect.

Saim-Hann: Wild Host
Reroll failed charge rolls
Biker units do suffer penalty for moving with heavy weapons

Ulthwe Foresight of the Damned
6+ FNP for entire army

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 06:30:43 AM by mcphro »

Online Odras

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: 8th Ed Eldar - Warhosts of the Asuryani
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 12:11:33 AM »
Asuryani is the general term that is applied to what we used to know as Eldar, know known as craftworld eldar. It is the equivalent of Drukhari or Harlequin. No harlequins or dark eldar models have the asuryani keyword. This is distinct from the <craftworld> keyword which can change for different Eldar models wheras they all have the Asuryani keyword.

When it comes to Ynnari, yes you can cast runes of battle powers on Ynnari Eldar models. The key with Ynnari is they gain the Ynnari keyword in addition to the keywords they already have. This is how the keywords work:

Craftworld Eldar --> Asuryani
Dark Eldar --> Drukhari
Harlequin --> Harlequins
Ynnari Craftworld Eldar --> Asuryani + Ynnari
Ynnari Dark Eldar --> Drukhari + Ynnari
Ynnari Harlequin --> Harlequins + Ynnari
Ynnari Character (Yvraine, Visarch, Yncarne) --> Ynnari