Author Topic: 8th Ed Eldar - Proposed ideas for Army lists and army lists for feedback  (Read 4279 times)

Sadclown and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
Hi guys. I think also im going to put this page here, dont have to use it... but if you have ideas around army lists, im going to post some initial ideas or lists here to see what poeple think...

Idea for tonight
--------------------
Leverage the Craft worlds +3 Army CP

Alaitoc Craftworld Battalion - 3 CP (-1 to hit over 12")
---------------------------------
HQ
----
Illic Nightspear
Warlock with singing spear (Conceal/ Reveal)

Troops
---------
5 x Rangers
5 x Rangers
5 x Rangers

Fast Attack
-------------
6 x warp spiders inc exarch with twin Deathspitters (-1 to hit with Flickerjump)

Heavy Support
-----------------
1 x Fire Prism with Spirit Stones

Craftworld Saim-Hann Outrider Detachment - 1CP
----------------------------------------------------------
HQ
-----------------
Warlock Skyrunner with singing spear (Enhance/Drain) OF Farseer Skyrunner with DOOM and executioner and 1 less shining spears unit.
--------------------
Fast Attack
-----------------
3 x shining spears with laser lances inc Exarch with Star lance

Craftworld Detachment - Beil-Tan
---------------------------------------

HQ
----
Farseer (Guide/ Doom) but I really want Fortune (WARLORD)

Heavy Support
-----------------
5 x Dark Reapers inc exarch with reaper launchers
5 x Dark Reapers inc exarch with reaper launchers
1 x war walker with shuriken catapults

Strategy
-----------
Warlord - Is the Beil-Tan farseer with "Natural leader" - pick a friendly Biel-Tan unit within 3" of your warlord. You can reroll all failed to hit rolls for that unit in that phase. The idea is to deploy the Farseer, usually hidden with a Dark reaper unit best to keep both dark reaper units off the table and you can bring them in with a strategem. One dark reaper unit gets the FREE guide and the other gets guide cast on it. 10 reapers all guided every round and untouchable in 1st turn if your not going first.

The warwalker is the tax to get the spearhead detachment.

Illiac nightspear and the 3 ranger squads deploy to help deny ground and cover objectives. But with the Alaitoc craftword -1 to hit, the rangers and illiac should be a pain, especially with the warlock around to cast conceal to be even more of a pain. The warp spiders also take advantage of the extra -1 to hit with flickerjump and if they warp into cover, you get the cover bonus, flicker jump and alaitoc attribute all stacked. they should be an annoying unit. Even enemy within 12" will have -2 to hit (got to check that).

Obviously, you then have the 3 Fire Prisms. Cheaper, double shots usually firing the second mode, meaning 6 shots with D3 Str 9 shots a piece means a potential 18 shots at Str 9.. wow. Of course your not going to get it, but ill take an average of 12 shots, AP -4 D3 damage. And they can all switch to the 1CP strategem to link fire which maskes them reroll pretty much everything vs a big nasty. Got a Superheavy your facing... np. 26 wound vs 39 = I win. Oh and they have spirit stones with a 6+ FNP.

Lastly, look I just love getting in close. I chose the Saim-Hann Craftworld detachment with a warlock on skyrunner with Enhance/ Drain which is an excellent power to add 1 ti hit rolls in the psychic phase. Better still, I can drain a unit that its -1 to hit. Great for a nasty unit.

Its surrounded by no less than 6 x 3 man shining spear units with exarchs all with the star lances. These weapons are so improved. Str 6 or 8, -4 AP and 2 Dmg. These units are FAST at 16", have a 4++ vs shooting, Can advance and shoot shuriken catapults (I know thats not the main focus of these units, but 18 bikes x 4 is 72 rending shots. They can shoot 1 unit and charge another (as long as they didnt advance of course). If they do have to advance they do so with 6" too if they arnt in charge range.

Then, due to Saim-Hann, they get to reroll charges.

What do you have to deal with. All fire support units from Alaitoc have -1 to hit or more and providing quite a lot of fire support. 2 guided Dark reaper units with a Farseer and a flanking war walker. And a sizable close combat force that can move 16" up the board with all charges rerolled.

You want to hit their fire support thats shooting you from 48-60" away, but you have all these bike units charging your lines, with the simple of not even killing you.. rather just getting into CC and forcing units to retreat not being able to shoot. Of course still getting hammered by 72 shuriken shots supported by warp spiders and being charged by upto 6 untils with huge threat ranges.

If I was going to change anything, id make the farseer be on a bike with doom instead of a warlock with the saim-hann. Even if I had to down 1 skyrunner unit. Dooming a unit is a force multiplier across your whole army.

All with 8 CP as well.

-----------------------------------------
Ok thats my first 8th ed Eldar list after my initial thoughts. Any thoughts on it?

Mcphro

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 09:23:15 AM by mcphro »

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
Re: 8th Ed Eldar - Proposed ideas for Army lists and army lists for feedback
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 09:46:47 AM »
List number 2 for the night
Beil-Tan Craftworld army + 3 CP
Craftworld Battallion +3 CP

HQ
----
1 x warlocks (with protect)
1 x warlocks (with conceal)
1 x warlocks (with Quicken)

Troops
---------
5 x Dire Avenger squads with exarchs with 2 avenger shuriken catapults

Craftworld Brigade + 9 CP
-----------------------
HQ
-------
Asurman
Farseer Skyrunner (Guide, Doom)

Troops
----------

Elite
-------
5 x Fire Dragons with 5 melta guns
5 x Fire Dragons with 5 melta guns
5 Howling Banshees with exarch with Executioner

Fast Attack
---------------
5 x Swooping Hawks with exarch and Hawks Talon

Heavy Support
-----------------
War Walkers with 2 shuriken Catapults

Strategy -- well you have 15 command points straight up!
-----------

The Fire dragons start off the table and come in a webway portal to shoot at said beastie. The 5 Howling banshees provide running cover with the Avatar. 5 x swooping hawk units fill out your fast attack giving 60 shots and mortal wound each time they land and harass and The war walkers can outflank and spread their wings.

Well this one is pretty obvious. You have a 9 unit Dire avenger BOMB closer to Asurman so they all have a 4++ save.  The 3 embedded warlocks are debuffing units along with the Farseers doom with the goal that the firepower of 9 Dire Avenger units along with the rest of the army and war walkers etc, are all rerolling 1's to hi for shuriken weaponry but hitting on 3's and rending. Thats 108 shots each turn.

Tanks could be a problem this list, but this is why you have the hawks, avatar, fire dragons to respond to that.

Could be a fun list because your advancing of course, 7" + D6 + still shooting each turn. The avatar is untouchable inside a unit like this as he has less than 10 wounds though you always have to watch out for snipers.

I think the previous list handles the meta better, but this is a straight-up Biel Tan list.

--------------------------------
Thoughts?

mcphro

Wha lists can you think of?

Offline Oneeye

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 12:55:05 PM »
I know we can't put points up, but what's the total point value of these lists?

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 04:03:33 PM »

I am using a 1st pass version of battlescribe. The bugs wilk be worked out in a week.

What did you think of the lists?

Online DCannon4Life

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 05:09:27 PM »
Hey mcphro; long time!

Your lists are a bit spammy for my tastes (though redundancy in Fire Prisms is 100% understandable), though anyone that tries to fill out a Brigade will end up spamming in order to meet the requirements.

I haven't fully embraced multi-craftworld armies yet, but the advantages of doing so are clear.

In particular (list number 2), I think one giant unit of Fire Dragons is better than two small ones--keeping in mind that they can split-fire at will, one giant unit is easier to buff and more economical to spend CPs on. To fill out the Elites slot, it would be easy to scrape together enough points for a second unit of Banshees, which still have the potential to be annoying even at minimum sizes.

Cheers!
First, you must learn Balance. --Miyagi

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 07:27:37 AM »
Yea i have to admit i love eldar msu with lots of similar units. 

First rule of government sending.  Why buy one when you can buy 2 for twice the price.  I also have 3 units of every type of squad too.

Seriously though... take swooping hawks.  Awesome cheap unit with heaps of firepower. That can deal mortal wounds... yes please. 

I have so much play testing to do...

Offline Chmmr_X

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 10:10:05 PM »
Hey all!

Don't mind if i borrow this thread and give a list of mine just for lols

Vanguard Detachment (Saim Hann)
HQ: Karandras

Elites:
2 X 7 Scorpions + Exarch with Scorpion's Claw
9 Howling banshees + Exarch with Executioner

Outrider Detachment (Saim Hann)
HQ:
Autarch Skyrunner with Novalance relic

Fast Attack:
4 Shining Spears + Exarch with Star Lance
2 X 3 Scatbikes

Spearhead Detachment (Alaitoc)
HQ:
Autarch with Starglaive (Default)

3 X Dark Reapers + Exarch with Tempest Launcher
4 X Dark Reapers + Exarch with Tempest Launcher
3 X Fire Prism
Wave Serpent with Shuriken Canon

This list plays with Saim Hann and Alaitoc's strengths. The general strategy:
Reapers and Prisms bombard the enemy from the back while the Shining Spears and Autarch push forward with the Scatbikes giving some support and some form of area denial if need be. The Prisms and Reapers will target high value or important targets to soften/destroy them to limit their destructive power. The -1 to hit will limit the damage inflicted. The Autarch will support them with rerolls of 1.

The fun of this list is for the Striking Scorpions, Karandras and banshees (using stratagem) to pop in at their gates to wreck havoc on the turn I desire (depending on situation, can be turn 1 or 2). So they are forced to choose between my army in front or the enemy at their doorstep. The rerolls to charge will ensure that they reach their targets. The Banshees will charge in first to deny the enemy overwatch. Charging multiple enemies will enable more lockdowns and allow the scorpions to charge their intended targets unharmed.

For example: 2 blobs of guardsmen. Assuming you can reach them both, the majority of your banshees will go for your intended target whereas one or 2 will go to the other target. Then the Scorpion(s) will go for that other target without fear of being shot down by overwatch.

So while they are handling the scorpions and banshees, the Autarch and Shining spears will come in for more support and deal with the rest.

This is more of a fun list but something worthwhile to try and test out to get a feel of the new configurations available.

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 06:35:02 AM »
Hey all!

Don't mind if i borrow this thread and give a list of mine just for lols

Vanguard Detachment (Saim Hann)
HQ: Karandras

Elites:
2 X 7 Scorpions + Exarch with Scorpion's Claw
9 Howling banshees + Exarch with Executioner

Outrider Detachment (Saim Hann)
HQ:
Autarch Skyrunner with Novalance relic

Fast Attack:
4 Shining Spears + Exarch with Star Lance
2 X 3 Scatbikes

Spearhead Detachment (Alaitoc)
HQ:
Autarch with Starglaive (Default)

3 X Dark Reapers + Exarch with Tempest Launcher
4 X Dark Reapers + Exarch with Tempest Launcher
3 X Fire Prism
Wave Serpent with Shuriken Canon

This list plays with Saim Hann and Alaitoc's strengths. The general strategy:
Reapers and Prisms bombard the enemy from the back while the Shining Spears and Autarch push forward with the Scatbikes giving some support and some form of area denial if need be. The Prisms and Reapers will target high value or important targets to soften/destroy them to limit their destructive power. The -1 to hit will limit the damage inflicted. The Autarch will support them with rerolls of 1.

The fun of this list is for the Striking Scorpions, Karandras and banshees (using stratagem) to pop in at their gates to wreck havoc on the turn I desire (depending on situation, can be turn 1 or 2). So they are forced to choose between my army in front or the enemy at their doorstep. The rerolls to charge will ensure that they reach their targets. The Banshees will charge in first to deny the enemy overwatch. Charging multiple enemies will enable more lockdowns and allow the scorpions to charge their intended targets unharmed.

For example: 2 blobs of guardsmen. Assuming you can reach them both, the majority of your banshees will go for your intended target whereas one or 2 will go to the other target. Then the Scorpion(s) will go for that other target without fear of being shot down by overwatch.

So while they are handling the scorpions and banshees, the Autarch and Shining spears will come in for more support and deal with the rest.

This is more of a fun list but something worthwhile to try and test out to get a feel of the new configurations available.

That.. is its purpose... everyone throw your own 8th lists up. What shenanigans can you pull?

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 10:22:27 PM »
Ok, trying my first real 2000 pt 8th edition today. This is what im taking...

Army + 3 CP

Biel Tan Auc Support Det ( -1CP )
Farseer with Guide and Doom

AlaitocBattalion (+3 CP)
HQ
Spiritseer (for the full smite)
Warlock (With Protect/Jinx)

Troops
5 x rangers
5 x rangers
5 x rangers

Elites
5 x Fire Dragons
5 x Fire Dragons
5 x Wraithguard with D-Sythes

Fast Attack
5 x Swooping Hawks with exarch

Dedicated Transport
1 x Wave serpent

Alaitoc Spearhead Detachment

HQ
Warlock

Heavy Support
5 x Dark Reapers with exarch
5 x Dark Reapers with exarch

Strategy
------------
- Both Fire Dragons come on with web way portal when the best time to use them appears.
- Biel Tan farseer is the army commander - Sets up with Dark Reapers on either side. Used warlord trait to give Guide automatically on 1 unit, casts guide on the other
- Swooping hawks set up in the sky. Their plan is to harass light infantry with 60 shots a turn and place mortal wounds when they are needed. Their job is to remove the screening infantry so my wraithguard/ fire dragons can get in there.
- Wave serpent with Wraithguard and spirit seer. A nice little unit whose whole job it is to run up the table. I expect to lose them because people are petrified of them. so they should be. But itll be such a fire magnet that the Alaitoc Heavy support units will do their job.

And on top of that, if they do manage to get out, you have the serpent shield, command point serpent shield and the spirit seer Smite all there to cause Mortal wounds. I aim to coordinate these with the swooping hawks.

Fire prisms - obviously they are there to do business. Ther rangers will lay suppressive fire on any characters out there, but my real goal is to add to the bubble 9" their deep strikers can deploy and deny them ground.

I will be setting up in either corner of the board I get to remove as much space for their deep strikers to get.

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 06:07:42 AM »
Ok so My initial thoughts after my first proper game.

I made an error of judgment and in an effort to see how each individual unit did in my MSU unit formation across the board, i was spread too thin vs a chaos army that was half Nurgle/ have khorne berserkers.

Swooping hawk units
- Swooping hawk units. Buy them big in units of 10 or land them all together and pile on the shots and mortal wounds. A reoccurring theme across the whole game, was it was better to pile the firepower onto a unit to finish it off, then set 1 squad against it and hope for the best. Assault 4 is great. Just against T3 units. This new system is brutal as soon as the odds are not going your way. Shooting units like space marines with 20 Str 3 shots at BS 3+, means 13.3 will hit, and 4.44 will wound. Marines will save 3 of those wounds, hence even adding a couple of mortal wounds is just no good.

I actually have 4 units of Swooping hawks at home, and I would take all 4. But I would never separate them. I read a good article the other day that said... as an Eldar player don't get overconfident in your new found cheaper units. Other armies to it better... e.g. Astra Militurum and 30 conscripts.   

What the last final swooping hawk model did, was land on an objective at the last moment earning me line breaker. That is their awesome purpose.

Fire dragons.
I took 2 x 5 man units. Both landed together (OH MY GOSH WEBWAY PORTAL IS SO GOOD), but I split their fire. I tried to take on Typhus and a Nurgle mortar tank thing. I took Typhas down to 3 wounds and the tank to 4 wounds. But you know what... that Disgustingly resilient is Disgustingly horrid! They are SO hard to kill. I would have been better piling my shots onto Typhas, getting slay the warlord, and then try the tank next turn. Good lessons to learn.

3 x Fire prisms
You will be torn for linking them for a measly 1 Command point all the time, and targetting their biggest nasty every turn. You need a screen, but vs dedicated hand to hand units, there is nothing quite like having something charge your screen then pile into your tank. There's a tank our of action and those Khorne berserkers hurt. Now, saying all that, 3 fire prisms twice took a landraider down from 16 to 1 or 2 wounds in one shooting round. Watch for the tears of your enemies and they will want to read your rules. 1 CP for twin linking them is awesome. Saying that, I used the 2nd profile, D3 shots, -4 AP D3 damage. Stick to shooting tanks personally and not infantry.

Rangers
Rangers are handy in that something HAS to deal with them, especially if they are on an objective. But seriously they tended to be a nuisance to others rather than some brilliant sniping platform. Good, cheap and puts pressure on the enemy player at least into their mind. Again, place all 3 units near each other and pool your shots vs 1 TARGET. It's the Mortal wounds that hurt.

Wraithguard
Certianly was more resilient, but 8" flamer that has to get out move out of the serpent at the start of the turn. I killed a landraider close to them, but they guy got hit Khorne units out the back out of range of the flamers. I got charged next turn. Only rolled 4 shots from the D SYTHES so they were dead. They didnt play to the potential I can see in them.

Dark Reapers
Hmmm With a Beil Tan farseer as your army commander, they were rerolling misses all games.

Overall
Id still like to refine tactics around swooping hawks. I can really see them shine, but id by 2 x 10 man units and pile on the shots onto 1 unit. Thats the theme. Focus down the threats 1 or 2 units at a time, not be across the board in pieces. Units like swooping hawks are great for putting pressure onto parts of the board where you need it. Capturing points before the enemy does... just land in your turn.

I think webway gate is very strong. Spedning 3 CP for say.. 2 x 10 man fire dragons I think would be well worth it if you had the right targets. Alaitoc -1 to hit is very good. I'd rather not being hit by many guns, than having to roll 6's for a ulthwe FNP any day of the week.

Fire prisms - hmmm Are they worth it. The 1CP linked fire is very powerful, you just have to be willing to sink 510 points into it. And its purpose it to target 1 thing. So if you're facing a meta of super heavies, yep worth the points. If your not, its a waste just to destroy a rhino.

I ran short of command points. It might be wise to get an autarch as your army commander. Even to refund 1 point in the game would get you another twin linked fire strategem. Id also like to see how a Hemlock would go as well. There were a few units that I would have liked to placed pressure on but was just too far away.

My next game I will try Beil Tann all shuriken army. Though it might be a while before I get the game. A few weeks.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 06:43:59 AM by mcphro »

Online DCannon4Life

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2017, 10:05:29 AM »
Keep in mind that Fire Prisms have Fly; so they care not if someone piles into them in combat, so long as they can fall back far enough they can blast away.

Unless you're trying to fill 3 elite slots, save yourself the points and merge the two Fire Dragon units.

Dark Reapers are already really point efficient. They enjoy a 'Re-roll 1's' buff, but don't particularly need Guide. Perhaps consider letting them operate on their own and find a way to get your Farseer on a bike so it can move forward to support the Fire Dragons with Guide/Doom.
First, you must learn Balance. --Miyagi

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2017, 05:56:48 PM »
Keep in mind that Fire Prisms have Fly; so they care not if someone piles into them in combat, so long as they can fall back far enough they can blast away.

Unless you're trying to fill 3 elite slots, save yourself the points and merge the two Fire Dragon units.

Dark Reapers are already really point efficient. They enjoy a 'Re-roll 1's' buff, but don't particularly need Guide. Perhaps consider letting them operate on their own and find a way to get your Farseer on a bike so it can move forward to support the Fire Dragons with Guide/Doom.

Gee, didnt know that. Learning lots about the 8th now. Thanks heaps!

Online The Mattler

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 06:49:19 PM »
I've been tinkering with a few lists recently, and I'd like to try this one once I have access to my models again (still in med school abroad).

Alaitoc Battalion
Farseer w/Executioner, Doom (Warlord: Seer of the Shifting Vector)
Spiritseer w/Conceal/Reveal
5 Rangers
5 Rangers
5 Rangers
2 Support Weapons w/2 D-cannons
Crimson Hunter
Crimson Hunter

Iyanden Battalion
Spiritseer w/Quicken/Restrain, Psytronome of Iyanden
Spiritseer w/Protect/Jinx
8 Dire Avengers w/Exarch
20 Guardian Defenders
20 Guardian Defenders
Wraithlord w/Ghostglaive, 2 Shuriken Catapults, 2 Shuriken Cannons

2000 pts
9 CP

The idea is to deploy the Support Weapons pretty aggressively, using them, the Rangers, and the Crimson Hunters to limit the opponent's deep strike opportunities and control midfield.  Meanwhile, the Wraithlords, Dire Avengers, and psykers push forward into enemy territory.  3 CP are used as soon as possible to drop the 40 Guardians into firing range aided by as many psychic powers as I can cast.  The Crimson Hunters and any available Support Weapons crack open harder targets and the Guardians shred the softer ones (frankly, though, the Guardians are efficient against everything).  I expect to burn the rest of my CP on some combination of Runes of Witnessing, Guided Wraithsight, Fire and Fade, Celestial Shield, and Feigned Retreat by the end of my second turn.  If all goes well, the Wraithlords reach melee by turns 2-3 with the Psytronome, and the Support Weapons creep forward to maintain pressure.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 11:28:46 AM by The Mattler »

Offline Chmmr_X

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2017, 08:40:04 PM »

Strategy
------------
- Biel Tan farseer is the army commander - Sets up with Dark Reapers on either side. Used warlord trait to give Guide automatically on 1 unit, casts guide on the other

Sorry bro but you made an error on this strategy. The Biel Tan warlord trait ONLY works on Biel Tan units. Since your Dark Reapers are from Alaitoc, they do not benefit from the trait. You can consider trying a big unit of 10 Dark Reapers instead and sticking your Farseer with them. You can cast Guide on them and if reinforcements pop up, you can choose to shoot them with 2 CP, giving you far more effectiveness.

You got to be careful with all the Craftworld keywords. There are quite a lot of things you cannot do:
Eg:
Autarch rerolls of 1 only affects the same Craftworld
Multiple craftworlds cannot sit in the same transport. Only those from the same craftworld can sit in the transport for which craftworld it was bought for
Warlord traits only affect certain craftworlds

Becareful about all these things. This will make your list building shenanigans all the more challenging.

I read a good article the other day that said... as an Eldar player don't get overconfident in your new found cheaper units. Other armies to it better... e.g. Astra Militurum and 30 conscripts.   

You are so right. I was excited over all the point reductions but as I built my list, I realised they are not as cheap as I expected. And yea, Guardsmen are FAR cheaper so I still not happy that the Guardians are still 8 pts compared to their 4 pts... And Wave Serpents are still expensive as heck.

And just because Eldar got the much needed point reductions, the whole Imperium are screaming cheese. Again. Sheesh

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 05:01:37 PM »
My initial thoughts:
- I'm going back to how I used to play Eldar. 100% of my army vs 1/3 of theirs.
- You need a 20 man strong type bubble wrap unit to wrap your army
- Units should probably be bought in larger and not MSU style formations The actual impact is larger and you get more bacng for buck
- I still see Psychic powers as how to do 'real damage' to your opponent. A farseer and at least 2-3 warlocks or spiritseer is a must.

- Certain combos cant be stopped. Since they are very reliable, they can usually be counted on and therefore should make it into a lot of lists:
  • 10 Fire dragons dropping in via webway gate
  • 10 Wraithblades OR Wraithguard with D-Sythes. Add a WArlock on a bike to move to a part of the table where you intend them to land. Then use Quicken on the wratihguard to move them closer. This takes more coordination then the fire dragons, but they are tougher, could also get Protect from another warlock and if a unit charges them that 10 auto hit D-Sythes.. ouch!

- Psychic powers/ strategems can compliments that make up for devastating combos. Examples are:
  • Doom (reroll all failed wound rolls) + Jinx(4) (enemy unit must subtract 1 from all saving throws)
  • Drain (enemy unit -1 to hit in fight phase) + Enervate (enemy unit must subtract 1 from all wound rolls in fight phase)
  • Strategem Matchless Agility (1cp - Advance 6") + Quicken (move as if it was the movement phase. This is more about catching an opponent out. Now you see a unit, now its in your fasce. Banshees anyone?
  • Lightning Fast reactions (2cp - Infantry with fly keyword - e.g. warp spiders or your autarch, enemy -1 to hit in that phase) + Conceal (-1 to hit for all range weapons) + Warspiders Flickerjump (-1 to hit). Even if your a space marines your only hitting on 6's.
(I'll be adding a psychic combos page and add these to it.
- I think a lot of armies need a farseer and 3-4 warlocks on bikes just to punch out these combos. Banshees threat range alone is insane with this. (M8" + Matchless agility A6" + Quicken M8" + 15" charge at least)

Command points and battallions
-------------------------------------
- I think most eldar armies, to get access to enough strategems should be 2 Battalions. With that you get 9 CP. If you add a "cheap" battalion on top, yes it costs more points, but you also get 3 more CP for a total of 12 CP. (3 rangers, 2 warlocks) = Battalion for 250 points. 500 points you can have 2 battalions.

Going nutts example! Escpeccially if this was a Beil Tan army!

Battalion 1
-------------
HQ
----
2 warlocks

Troops
---------
5 x Dire Avengers
5 x Dire Avengers
5 x Dire Avengers

Battalion 2
-------------
HQ
----
2 warlocks

Troops
---------
5 x Dire Avengers
5 x Dire Avengers
5 x Dire Avengers

Brigade 1
------------
HQ
----
3 warlocks

Troops
----
5 x Dire Avengers
5 x Dire Avengers
5 x Dire Avengers
5 x Dire Avengers
5 x Dire Avengers
5 x Dire Avengers

Elite
----
5 x Banshees with exarch and executioner

Fast Attack
----
5 x swooping hawks with exarch

Heavy
----
1 x war walker with shur cannons

- Ok ok... perhaps this is a bit nutts, however. 3 + 3 + 3 +9 = 18 command points.
- It is 1601 points. You still have 399 points left to spend. Get rid of an executioner from a banshee and you can still put in a wraithknight!
- If its a beil tan army, Shuriken heaven! Its about 159 shuriken cannon shots and 60 swooping hawk shots.

That is before you add your 400 points. If you added a fire dragon unit and drop it in? perhaps upgrade all the psykers to bikes and the odd farseer?  Something anti-tank... It would still be fun to play.
- Add Asumran for the 4+ Invun! AND replace a banshee unit with 8 wraithblades AND exchange a warlock on a bike. Now your bringing in a unit, quicken them into close combat and your army has a 4++ invun save. Walk it forward. The spiney bladewind of death.

- my 2 cents (so have a lot to learn for 8th)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:06:48 PM by mcphro »