Author Topic: Just started tyranids  (Read 391 times)

Offline Is duck

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Just started tyranids
« on: November 08, 2017, 07:30:53 PM »
Hey all.
I just yesterday bought my first tyranid models from a Co worker who was selling his army. Right now I own:
1 brood lord
1 swarm lord
1 old one eye
6 warriors (or 5 with one tyranid prime)
28 genestealers
16 termagaunts
16 hormogants
10 gargoyles

Being new to the army, I am unsure what to get next. I was thinking about getting a maleceptor or a tyrannofex and some biovores. Your thoughts?

Offline eldarglim

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Just started tyranids
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 09:36:50 PM »
depends on how you want to run your army, I would recommend some venomthropes/zoenthropes and carnifexes

Offline Hawkeye299

• The Hawkboss
  • Global Moderator
  • Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 11:33:54 PM »
I would recommend getting the new codex that is released on the 11th of November 2017 as it contains the new rules and also rules for the different hive fleets as well as relics and stratagems, all which could influence what you would want to add to your army.

You seem to have a pretty good selection of units to choose from which would let you go in any direction that you choose.

The Tyrannofex is looking pretty awesome now though and I really want to get one.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 11:06:04 PM »
You have all the little bugs covered now and it's time to pick some big ones.  Experiment with different Carnifex options, Tyrannofex and so on and see what you like to use.  Almost every Nid player has or uses Carnifex at some point in time so start there before the others, but you need heavy hitters in this Edition.  Harpies and Tyrannofex are good choices, and the Exocrine and Trygon are more suited for certain styles and Hive Fleets.  Don't attempt the Maleceptor yet, and the Biovores are an addition, not a good selection alone.  You need something beefier as your first big bug step.