Author Topic: Corsairs. - The pirates!- -Sub forum-  (Read 28186 times)

Offline Skari

• Brother Captain
  • SkaredCast
    • View Profile
    • Main Channel Resource
Re: Corsairs. - The pirates!- -Sub forum-
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2013, 08:58:51 PM »
How about the hornets with double pulse lasers? I hear they are awesome... 
Support me on the Patreon Page:
http://patreon.com/skaredcast

make sure you check out my blog:
http://skaredcast.blogspot.com
youtube channel
http://youtube.com/skaredcast

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2013, 09:17:46 PM »
Extremely awesome AND cheap.. There's really no reason not to take them~
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline iselbub

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2014, 09:39:47 PM »
Just a rules clarification...

I want to put EML's on my Corsair troops and give them jump packs.  Am I right though, that I wouldn't be able to move & shoot in the same round since the EML is a heavy weapon?  The rules say that missile launchers also can't Snap Fire.

It'd be great if someone could chime in on this to either confirm or deny this.  If you can't move & shoot, then what would be the point of taking EML's with Corsair Troops?  They're meant to be mobile; not stay in one place.

Offline Angelic

• Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2014, 06:04:24 AM »
I'm rather sure Jet Pack Infantry get Relentless or Slow and Purposeful~

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2014, 11:06:06 AM »
I'm rather sure Jet Pack Infantry get Relentless or Slow and Purposeful~

Yep they do. They can of course move & shoot with full BS.

The rules say that missile launchers also can't Snap Fire.

What? Where in the rules? Why would the Missile Launcher not be able to fire Snap Shots? You can't do it with the little blast, of course, but the S8 shot is no problem to fire as Snap Shot.
We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

Offline iselbub

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2014, 01:59:06 PM »
From what I've read... any heavy weapon that can produce a blast marker, regardless of firing mode, cannot snap fire.  Missile launchers were specifically mentioned as an example.

Thanks for the clarification on the jet pack rules!

Offline ForgedInTheCrucible

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2014, 04:07:08 PM »
Would there be any value to using Corsairs in an Eldar army or is that a waste of points?

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2014, 02:26:07 AM »
Would there be any value to using Corsairs in an Eldar army or is that a waste of points?

I would not say it's waste of points overall, you get extra Fast Attack and Heavy Support slots, which is always helpful (as these are overcrowded in our codex). Also there's no problem in the (obligatory) Troops section, as basic Corsairs are ok and have access to nice Dedicated Transports.

What I am struggling with, is the HQ slot. Can't get rid of the feeling, I am (truly) wasting points here.
We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

Offline ghostmask10

• Chapter Master
  • In war there is poetry; in death, release.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2014, 01:20:17 PM »

I would not say it's waste of points overall, you get extra Fast Attack and Heavy Support slots, which is always helpful (as these are overcrowded in our codex). Also there's no problem in the (obligatory) Troops section, as basic Corsairs are ok and have access to nice Dedicated Transports.

What I am struggling with, is the HQ slot. Can't get rid of the feeling, I am (truly) wasting points here.
Unfortunately it kinda does feel like you're paying too much for an autarch wanabe with a fancy airstrike. If you don't wanna waste points I'd just go with the void dreamer. The powers are Meh but it can take some cool gear. :P
Feel the rush of the wind against your skin and hear her keening cry in your ears. Listen to her call well, for are we not the Wild Riders, the children of the storm?

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2014, 06:30:38 AM »

Unfortunately it kinda does feel like you're paying too much for an autarch wanabe with a fancy airstrike. If you don't wanna waste points I'd just go with the void dreamer. The powers are Meh but it can take some cool gear. :P

Exactly my thoughts!

I am not sure, can the Webway Portal be used with your CWE allies? (DE portals can't, sadly...) If yes, my Ulthwé Strike Force problem is solved and I'll start building a Void Dreamer as soon as I get from work today ;)

Too bad the Void Dreamers can't change their powers for at least the worse schools, like Pyromancy or Telekinesis...

Offline Angelic

• Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2014, 06:55:27 AM »
Oh Ramses, I might have good news for you^^

Reading the Wargear entry it says "ANY of your units arriving from Reserve". Ulthwe w/ Corsair Allies may be valuable for you~

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2014, 07:02:52 AM »
Oh Ramses, I might have good news for you^^

Reading the Wargear entry it says "ANY of your units arriving from Reserve". Ulthwe w/ Corsair Allies may be valuable for you~

*just died of all the sudden joy and happiness*

Offline Khe-Loc

• Inquisitor Lord
  • Red goes faster .... and so does Saim-Hann
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2014, 01:00:54 PM »
Horaay  ;D

Offline ghostmask10

• Chapter Master
  • In war there is poetry; in death, release.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2014, 02:50:57 PM »
Yay another one joins the space elf pirates!
I have to say, although it sucks that voiddreamers can't roll on other diciplines at least they get 3 powers. And hey, who knows what can happen in the next year or so! ;)
Feel the rush of the wind against your skin and hear her keening cry in your ears. Listen to her call well, for are we not the Wild Riders, the children of the storm?

Offline Angelic

• Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2014, 08:11:15 PM »
The army list will most certainly be receiving an update either in the form of a downloadable .pdf or in the form of IA 11: 2nd Edition~