Author Topic: Imperial Knights are Coming  (Read 3518 times)

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Imperial Knights are Coming
« on: February 14, 2014, 04:19:41 PM »
Looks like Imperial Knights are on the way and they will probably be in the WD:W Released on the Feb. 22nd.
The WD:W will have the rules for the Errant class but it seems like their is atleast one more version. It is going to be a Super Heavy Walker and not a MC like some where hoping. Its Chainsword is a D-Weapon and has a Invuln save but only from shooting from one direction. Salt is always required till it ends up on GWs site but this doesn't look like a fake to me. I'll post the pics, if thats not ok just let me know.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 04:26:21 PM by FalleN »
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Knights are Coming
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 09:33:16 PM »
Another pic with rules for the Knight Paladin. The only major difference I see is its armed with a 2 shot battle cannon and a extra Heavy stubber.
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Offline MooseGreen

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 08:10:44 AM »
Any idea what invincible behemoth is?  These models rock, definitely going to pick 1 up. 

Offline steam

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 08:26:10 AM »
the paladin model looks ugly... Something from warmachine
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:02:16 AM by steam »

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 09:53:53 AM »
Any idea what invincible behemoth is?  These models rock, definitely going to pick 1 up.

Its a standard super heavy rule. Its if they take a penetrating hit 1-5 is ignored and on a 6 they just take d3 more HPs, anything that says it is destroyed, wrecked, explodes or is otherwise removed from play only cause D3 extra HPs to be removed, they are also immune to anything that permanently lowers their AV but things that only count the AV as lower still work(like Lance).

Ya I really like them too, i think they did a good job of bringing the Old Titan Legions epic scale models into modern 28mm. IMHO some of their newer stuff I haven't liked at all, its been about 50/50 but I think these look awesome, I especially like the head on the Paladin. I heard there is 2 more variants and I'm excited to see how those look.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 10:08:29 AM by FalleN »

Online Face Eater

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 11:24:18 AM »
I'm blown away by these pics. As usually, I'm measuring my expectations till I get the quality shots (although these are better than any leaks I've seen before) AND that is a particularly good paint job that they've done on it.

However, it really does seem to have caught the style of the original epic models without looking goofy and in the translation and it's so detailed.

Offline Bowlzee

• Keeper of Secrets
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
  • Slave to Slaanesh
    • View Profile
    • Slave To Slaanesh
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 05:50:06 PM »
These models rock, definitely going to pick 1 up.

From the looks of it they are to be fielded in groups of 3-6.

This seems like it's going to be very expensive!

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 03:31:06 AM »
Clearly my Grey Knights need that Knight-Paladin.. I mean.. Knight......... Paladin......... There's no other way..
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline ak-47

• Battle Brother
  • We fight for Macragge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 04:18:05 AM »
These models rock, definitely going to pick 1 up.

From the looks of it they are to be fielded in groups of 3-6.

This seems like it's going to be very expensive!

..They may also be taken as allies; You can include up to three Imperial Knights as a single allied detachment.

I think I will pick one up as well, magnetize the crap out of it, to keep all options open.
Ultramarines - 6000 points - 85% painted

Check out my blog
http://engineering40k.blogspot.nl/

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 06:54:28 AM »
Clearly my Grey Knights need that Knight-Paladin.. I mean.. Knight......... Paladin......... There's no other way..

Ehm, my Grey Knights do feel the same  ::)

I wonder about the prices. Three Knights would make a nice army all by itself (and could be allied with practically everything), but

1) they are super-heavies, I have no clue how they would play in Escalation games (which allow only 1 super-heavy)
2) how the hell would I transport this???  ;)
We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

Offline Bowlzee

• Keeper of Secrets
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
  • Slave to Slaanesh
    • View Profile
    • Slave To Slaanesh
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 08:38:27 PM »
I have seen they will cost $160 USD, and be roughly 350 pts each.

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 10:58:09 PM »
Their coming up for pre-order on Feb 22 for a March 1st release and will be 140US$, 170CA$. There looks to also be a direct only transfer sheet for the Knights and the Hard copies for Sentinels of Terra can be pre-ordered awsell.
Heres a link to a post with the Upcoming releases and prices
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/02/february-4th-week-releases-revealed.html

The 2 that have been leaked are 370pts for the Errant and 375pts for the Paladin. No Idea what the other 2 variants that are rumored will cost.

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 02:46:37 AM »
Ouch. Still, Knights seem to be titans for the poor  ::) Original plan to buy three of them still stands, it just takes some time, I guess  :P
We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 09:29:29 AM »
It seems they just put some rules clarifications up on the GW digital editions Facebook page. The Knights are not a Lord of War they are scoring and a army onto themselves so you can take up to 3 in an allied detachment and if they are the Primary detachment you make one your Warlord.

Offline Raydash

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 01:26:58 PM »
The big question in my gaming group is: levels of alliance. My guess is they could probably work just like Inquisition does... But it would be great to see a Chaos-Knights Battle Brothers  :D