Poll

What Chapter Tactics do you use the most?

Ultramarines
38 (20.5%)
Imperial Fists
37 (20%)
Ravenguard
16 (8.6%)
Salamanders
13 (7%)
White Scars
15 (8.1%)
Iron Hands
24 (13%)
Black Templars
15 (8.1%)
Undecided
27 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Chapter Tactics poll  (Read 10510 times)

Offline Wake325th

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • wake325th
Chapter Tactics poll
« on: February 28, 2014, 01:33:41 PM »
What's your preferred Chapter Tactic to use?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:33:05 AM by Hawkeye299 »

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Tactics poll
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 03:45:32 PM »
Black Templars! For Sigismund! or Dorn! For the Emperor!

Offline Imp_fist80

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 06:45:19 PM »
With current 40k Meta moving toward shooting, and being able to use "Bolter Drill" all the time during a game. Vs the old way of having bolter drill by taking Lysander, plus siege master and Tank hunters. The choice is simple for me, Imperial Fists.

Offline NidsAndMarines

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 08:06:47 AM »
Red Scorpions. All tac squads can get free FnP and by using Vet Sgt Haas I get a squad with relentless grav gun and plasma cannon out of a rhino hatch. Also Sevrin Loth is a good warlord.

Offline Wake325th

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • wake325th
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 02:48:09 PM »
Yeah those forgeworld ones are pretty awesome. I felt like there were too many to put on the poll though :/

Offline thewat

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 12:04:12 PM »
My most regular opponent is an ig player who likes to use 3 to 4 leman Russ battle tanks behind an ageis defence line so I find tank hunters on the devs and centurions very handy I Allie tigarius a lot as well to get divination to with tank hunters I get double re rolls against armour
Buy a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, but buy a man a fishing rod? And he'll burn it for fire wood or swap it for a fish

Offline Coach

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 08:06:34 PM »
I have been playing Ultras for a long time. When the Chapter Tactics were in the new Dex, I was very happy with my chosen chapter.  Using them really makes a difference and has pulled some victories out of left field.  All in all, the chapter tactics can fit any play style you choose.  Awesome addition to the book!!!!

Offline Hawkeye299

• The Hawkboss
  • Global Moderator
  • Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 11:07:30 AM »
Playing the Salamanders since early 5th, I still play them, while it is far from the best chapter tactic, I love the  feel of it, and with a little effort you can make the benefits worth it, obviously in this case, melta, flamers and special CCW everywhere, I have even been saved by the re roll failed saves against flamers once!

Hawk  ;D

Offline maelstorm

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 12:27:47 PM »
My group put together a Badab War campaign several years ago, somehow I found my way to Carcharadon's.  Even though all of their special abilities won't kick in until turn 3 or later, it's an extremely fluffy army that allows you to use just about anything, as they use "Predation" to replenish supplies - any Mark of armor and vehicles of any age fit in.  Also, Forgeword sells a very nice decal sheet for them!

Tyberos the Red Wake is an animal in Close Combat - plus he makes Assault Terminators scoring troops!  Deliver 10 Terminators directly into close combat via Caestus Assault Ram or Spartan Assault Tank for turn 3 Carnage!  Add a second CC weapon to any Troop unit for 1 point per model, turning Tac marines into Assault Marines.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:41:58 PM by maelstorm »

Offline Morph

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 12:53:42 PM »
White Scars!

Offline Akhorahil

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
  • Soldaten: Männer, die offene Rechnungen der Politi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 04:13:34 PM »
Iron Hands, i use a very Vehicle heavy Army, my Troops are Mechanized or Drop Pod Passengeres, they are Marines, means for me the do not walk into combat (zone ^^)
"Storytellers and writers are all gods and goddesses, to a one. Musicians are their host, painters their scribes, and actors their saints-- but all arts start with a story to tell..."
-Unknown

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 04:04:44 AM »
Going traditional 'dex i'm going for Iron Hands too, love the Mechanicus Influence and all the Vehicles. Outside that I like Red Hunters, they have super quirky rules and can be Battle Brothers for my Grey Knights, gotta love it!
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline Bushleague

• Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 07:16:44 PM »
BLOOD ANGELS!

ok, I know they don't have "Chapter Tactics" per say, but the red thirst is pretty close, I'm sure it will be changed to something similar in their new codex (for better or worse).

For Sanguinius!
"Descend on Wings of Fury, and Scour the Enemy from the Battlefield" - Battle-Captain Janus Shraub, 3rd Company of the Angels of Sirocco, Successors of the 9th Legion.

Offline apachiie

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 04:47:11 AM »
Imperial fists, but i have been playing crimson fists since my sophomore year of college two years ago
-JD

Offline AlexEvans

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 11:53:35 AM »
I normally play Salamanders tactics. Re-rolling wounds for flamer weapons on a command squad full of combi weapons + Vulcan and his melta re-rolls = Tank busting, infantry killing mayhem!

I also like to play Raven Guard tactics on occasion on a fully mobile jump pack and transport list against tau. That normally works fairly well ;)