Poll

What Chapter Tactics do you use the most?

Ultramarines
38 (20.7%)
Imperial Fists
37 (20.1%)
Ravenguard
16 (8.7%)
Salamanders
12 (6.5%)
White Scars
15 (8.2%)
Iron Hands
24 (13%)
Black Templars
15 (8.2%)
Undecided
27 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 184

Author Topic: Chapter Tactics poll  (Read 8019 times)

Offline maelstorm

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Tactics poll
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2014, 12:51:53 PM »
None of the above - Badab War, Carcharadons!

Fun fluff!!

Offline Rezial

• Brother Captain
  • Dominus Mutationis
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2014, 11:38:21 PM »
Wow, nobody really likes Raven Guard eh?  I kind of think that's short-sighted on the Marine community's part.  Great Chapter and really nice tactics for a detachment.  I'd definitely bring some of the others as well, but RG are top of my list on many occasions.
Repent, for tomorrow you die.
http://rezial.blogspot.com/

Offline paintedwargames

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2014, 05:56:12 AM »
Was playing White Scars before the now codex came out and struggled with them. The new dex makes them much more 'fluffy' but also quite OP'd. I have a task force from the novel Hunt for Voldorius and make my lists from there but when you have 25 bikes in a 1500pt list that all scout and move 12" means that if I get 1st turn then most armies are screwed as the sheer weight of melta and t/l bolters is too much for ppl.

Offline Celerior

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2014, 07:04:01 PM »
With occasional deviation (Raptors, Iron Hands), I have pretty consistently stuck with Salamanders. As a semi-minority-ish demographic, I like the fluff, and as someone who can't take goth music or grimdark seriously, I doubly like the fluff, and as someone now allying with regular humies, I triply like the fluff.

But originally, I just liked my squads to be really good at whatever it was they were meant to do. When facing infantry,
8 bolters = 1 Salamander flamer, more or less. And when I painted my first marines, I painted them green. I like green. "Green can be cool, and friendly-like... and I think it's what I want to be." - Kermit the Frog

Offline Shadow Captain Proteus

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2015, 01:40:50 AM »
I like the Raven Guard tactics, personally.

Scouts always have a place in my list, I prefer precision targeting, and LOVE assault marines and vanguard vets.

The whole army gets to scout move, and my assault marines get a HUGE boost to their assault options. It takes some brains to make it all work though. Not so point and shoot as other chapter tactics can be (I'm not knocking them, I just think a little thought and creativity added to a marine list is priceless.)

PLUS I love the fluff.
"We are all Raven Guard. We are all warriors. The Emperor will not judge you by your medals and diplomas but by your scars. That is not a platitude; it is the reality of what we are."
-Corax.

Offline weboflies

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Keepers of the Relics of Ultramar
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2015, 11:31:56 PM »
I have an Ultra Army, and I like the Combat Doctrines a lot! That said, I've got aspirational plans somewhere on the docket for at least a small detachment of almost all the other Marine 'dexes and Codex Chapters (might mix Crimson Fists and Imperial Fists, and mix Dark Angels with secound founding Unforgiven) except Salamanders, Blood Angels, and Space Wolves. They just don,t do it for me.

Offline weboflies

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Keepers of the Relics of Ultramar
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2015, 11:43:26 PM »
Rather than take this thread sideways I made a new one in General Discussion, but this conversation got me thinking about it so here's a link

http://thewarmaster.com/index.php?topic=5847.0

Basically, my question is, is it good etiquette to show up with a force painted as one thing, and then play it as something else? I say no.

Offline Dluderus

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2016, 03:08:47 PM »
I'm drawn to close range fire fight style of the Salamander tactics
  • Home brew Space marines, Shattered legion