Author Topic: Super Heavy Damage  (Read 998 times)

Offline Face Eater

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Super Heavy Damage
« on: March 11, 2014, 07:05:12 AM »
Does anyone think they have gone a bit too far with super heavy damage rules this edition?

I think the main complaint last time was that it was too easy for super heavies with single super heavy weapons to be made redundant by a weapon destroyed result.

But now damaging them seems to just be a war of attrition against the hull points with no discernible reduction in the models fighting strength until it explodes.

I can understand why they did it, but why I remember the fun of Epic scale titan battles. With them being worn down, void shield generators getting destroyed, weapons exploding, legs suffering damage.

It makes super heavies tougher, and god knows in an Apocalypse game it probably doesn't matter that much but I miss it. And you would have thought that with a change to 28mm scale you would have more granularity in the rules.

Perhaps it's more because of a Escalation with a single super heavy can get that much more attention and a lucky shot would got a long way.

Offline bladeiai

• Battle Brother
  • A corrupted soul
    • View Profile
    • The Chaos Box
Re: Super Heavy Damage
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 01:28:06 PM »
I think the rules are pretty balanced for super heavies the way they are now, however I am fairly new and never played in the previous editions, so I don't have first hand experience with them. After reading your post I do feel like it would be more interesting if they could be "crippled" in various ways as they are taken down.
I'm not sure how this would work with the newer, lesser super heavies (IE Imperial knights) as I feel like they are already adequately fragile.