Author Topic: EBomb's Shining Spear Exarch 6/20 - Completed 7/6  (Read 2988 times)

Offline EBomb

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
EBomb's Shining Spear Exarch 6/20 - Completed 7/6
« on: June 20, 2014, 04:15:08 PM »
For my entry I will be painting a slightly converted Shining Spear Exarch.  This exarch will be built out of salvaged pieces of used and poorly painted shining spears that I bought for cheap.  I plan on using a dark eldar jetbike canopy to convert it in a way that I think will look cool.  If I have time I will paint some other shining spears to go with it but the primary piece to be judged will be the Exarch.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:34:33 PM by bladeiai »

Offline EBomb

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: EBomb - Shining Spear Exarch - 6/20
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 03:02:33 PM »
Ok, he is assembled, primed, and ready to be painted.  I did make a slight change.  One of the models I picked up was the metal Autarch on a jetbike.  I replaced the exarch's normal laser lance with the lance that comes with the Autarch.  I think it will be a good way to represent the Exarch's star lance.  The Autarch only gets the regular laser lance and I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do with that model anyway.  I primed the rider white and the jetbike black, mostly because getting an even looking white is hard and I want several parts of the exarch to be white.  I wanted the deeper/internal parts of the jetbike to be black.  I'm going to leave them seperate for now, I think it will be eisier to paint that way.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 03:06:53 PM by EBomb »

Offline EBomb

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 06:47:51 PM »
The bike is almost done.  I still need to do some highlights on the black, finish the gems, and put several more coats on the shuiken cats.  Thats all I had time for today.  Peace.

Offline EBomb

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 07:01:49 PM »
The jetbike is done and I got the base colors down on the Exarch.  I hope to finish him this weekend!

Offline EBomb

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 08:21:32 AM »
I was able to finish the Exarch this weekend, I'll post the finished pictures closer to the end of the contest.  There is still a little time left so I'm going to paint up a few more shinng spears to go with him.  I assembled and primed 4 of them at the same time so I'm already off to a good start.  I plan on painting them just like the exarch.  I got the base coats down on the bikes.  Here is the guy I'm currently working on.

Offline bladeiai

• Battle Brother
  • A corrupted soul
    • View Profile
    • The Chaos Box
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 09:53:15 AM »
The bike looks great and great job on the line highlighting! Good luck!

Offline Thodin-Torzak

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 10:15:41 AM »
Cool, Eldar jet-bike! Looking forward to seeing it finished!  :)

Offline EBomb

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Completed 7/6
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 11:42:23 AM »
Here is my completed exarch.  I wanted to keep the shining spears colors of blue and white but I really wanted them to shine so I tried to give the bikes a tron type look.  I didn't want the riders to look exactly the same as the bike so I just gave them a bright blue highlight.  I wanted the lances to really stand out so I left them bright white.  I'm happy with the way they turned out.  I don't like basing the clear flying stands, I just think they look better clear on the table while gaming.  Also, sorry for the giant pictures in my previous posts.  I didn't realise just how big they were showing up, I compressed the following pictures.

Offline EBomb

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 11:47:31 AM »
I was able to finish 2 other Shining Spears to go along with the Exarch.  Thanks for the complements so far, I hope you guys like the finished Shining Spears.

Offline bladeiai

• Battle Brother
  • A corrupted soul
    • View Profile
    • The Chaos Box
Re: EBomb's Shining Spear Exarch 6/20 - Completed 7/6
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 12:34:42 PM »
Congratulations on completing your pledge! Your entry looks great and has been added to the Judge's Table. Good luck!