Author Topic: Archon Conversion?  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
Archon Conversion?
« on: June 21, 2014, 09:33:42 PM »
Hey guys, i'm looking at Dark Eldar in the near future and i'm stuck on building an Archon with the options I actually want him to have.. you know outside of a Huskblade and Soul Trap. So how do you guys convert up these guys? I've seen some cool conversions but nothing about how they were achieved.

Anyway help is greatly appreciated^^.
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
Re: Archon Conversion?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 04:46:14 AM »
Hehehe, my converted Archon is the only DE model I have not sold with my army  :D

I used OOP Female Archon (the photo attached only for reference, not mine). Some force was used to twist the torso to one side, to get some "movement" into the otherwise static model. Cut both arms (man, that was hard work), replaced them with plastic ones, one of them pointing to distance, second of them with a Blaster. Venom Blade attached to a leg. Some DE pieces onto the backpack - you know what, trophies etc. I am pretty sure there's a cracked spirit stone piece, lol.

As I do not have a DE army right now, I guess the weapons will be replaced to allow me fielding this model as Corsair Prince  :)
We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

AlgirdasV

Re: Archon Conversion?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 09:31:53 AM »
Archon's Finecast body is too clunky IMO. The Huskblade arm is by far the worst sword pose in whole 40k and SoulTrap looks like someone pooped on the hand of the big A.

Intead you can take the body of a Ravager's/Raider's steersman add any kind of sword form the wyches or kabalite set and the "Pandora Box" hand from the Haemonculi if you really want to use the Soul Trap (not worth it, really). Put the original Finecast Archon head on top and Phantasm Grenade Launcher on his back (even if you don't buy this upgrade it looks so cool anyway...) and there you have it!