Author Topic: Space Wolves and Orks starter box  (Read 5714 times)

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Space Wolves and Orks starter box
« on: July 06, 2014, 04:16:24 AM »
With GW pulling Dark Vengeance a couple weeks ago and now this leaked pic of next weeks White Dwarf it looks like the new Starter is only a few weeks away.
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Offline steam

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wolves and Orks starter box
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 08:01:21 AM »
 Now that will be very cool!

Online Rezial

• Brother Captain
  • Dominus Mutationis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 09:57:52 AM »
Even though I hate to see Dark Vengeance go, I really like GW's choice here.  Space Wolves are pretty incredible and the Orks are awesome too.  Maybe we'll get lucky and this new set will be even more customizable than past sets.  Also I'm crossing my fingers they still include some Defkoptas!  It might be too much to hope though.
Repent, for tomorrow you die.
http://rezial.blogspot.com/

Offline Marty_11

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 01:33:54 PM »
I'm super excited by this development!!
Just hope it's true!

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 01:52:33 PM »
The new Starter will be $125 USD, include a small rulebook and a campaign supplement but it looks like only the character models are going to be new sculps, the units are current kits. SW will have 1 new Character, 5/grey hunters, 5 Bloodclaws and 5 terminators the OrKs will have 1 Character, 3 Killa Kans, 10 Grots w/Hearder and 5 Nobs. Anyway heres some more pics from next weeks WD.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:54:35 PM by FalleN »
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 01:58:17 PM »
A few more pics.

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 06:54:47 AM »
I guess its not going to be a starter in the traditional sense but more a limited Campaign box set that just happens to come with a mini rulebook, Dark Vengeance is supposedly coming back with the new rulebook.

Tho some good news is that they plan on doing more of these themed limited sets with different armies every 6 months or so. They will be tied in to future campaigns that will also be updating the older supplements like Sanctus Reach had the updated rules for Planetstrike.

I kinda wish they weren't limited as they have a decent value and it would be a nice thing for beginners to be able to choose with a friend between many different armies rather than being limited to the ones in the current official starter set.

Offline steam

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 09:01:04 AM »
 And its also cool that they are keeping the original sprues. Rather then making a new cast figure that you cant repose.

Offline DAG42

• Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 05:08:42 PM »
I may get this set as opposed to just the rule set. More pieces for the collection.

Offline Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 01:19:38 PM »
I'm interested in the models as well. Seems like a nice little set.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Offline Marty_11

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 01:55:31 AM »
I cant not buy something to do with the Wolves! :)
I've been tempted to make a small Ork force too so, two birds, one box!

Happy days!

Offline Marty_11

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 02:00:47 AM »
And that Krom Dragongaze model is just amazing in my eyes! Looks so good!

Offline DAG42

• Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 04:15:20 PM »
Already sold out online from what my local GW store manager said today.

Offline Marty_11

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 11:11:08 PM »
hmm this is worrying as I was waiting on my local independent retailer getting it here in the UK, I'm almost feeling pressured to order from GW just in-case i miss out...

Offline Flor

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 02:39:23 AM »
Beasts of war was saying something interesting about this. What if there will be no more starter box sets from now on. What they will do instead is; after 2 new army updates put them in limited campaign sets with rulebook. So twice a yr. a campaign book with the 2 latest armies on showcase. Cheaper for them since they only have to produce 2 unique hq's. And the rest of the army with in this box are just models from the general boxes they already sell. Unlike DV where everything is made be sold with DV. So will next campaign box be Blood Angels vs Dark Eldar.

Interesting idea.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 04:46:41 PM by Flor »