Author Topic: Ogryns?  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Tankage

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Ogryns?
« on: July 12, 2013, 12:07:50 PM »
I have just been given the opportunity to buy some (very niceley painted) ogryns off a mate. I appreciate that ogryns are not popular right now and in need of a re work, but I was thinking of building a fun list based around two units of ogryns (size dependent on points allowance) in chimeras. The army will be a full throtal in your face type of list, i.e. get into the opponents zone as quickly as possible.

I dont mind losing I just want some fun! Any recomendations/ideas?
"There is only one principle of war and that's this. Hit the other fellow, as quickly as you can, as hard as you can, where it hurts him most, when he ain't lookin" - Bill Slim

Offline mattblowers

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Gaming Blog
Re: Ogryns?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 12:29:37 PM »
I don't care what 'they' say, I love Ogryns.  A unit of Ogryn puts out a huge number shots and a huge number of CC attacks.  Nothing else in IG 'dex can carry the same role.  I play for fun, not to be the most competive.  Their high toughness and multiple wounds means they will get to what you charge. 
Famous last words: "All I have to do is not roll ones...."

Check out my painting blog at http://lilliputianwars.blogspot.com/

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 02:44:32 PM »
I'd go for it. I have a pack of Ogryns in my IG list- they are funt o roll up and shoot and charge as posted. Plus in a 2K game the points for them and a tansport are nothing.

Double fun bc you get to say send in the brute squad.

Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 06:22:28 AM »
Ogryns in a chimera. Ripper guns are boss. Plus they're kinda like space marines in stats.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Rick17126

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 02:00:13 AM »
Ogryns in a chimera. Ripper guns are boss. Plus they're kinda like space marines in stats.
Canned Beef (5 Ogryn in a Chimera). Add a Lord Commissar with the Ogryn and can or 2 of vets to screen and provide fire support/special weapons to really spice things up. :)

Offline ashanson1012

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 09:58:43 AM »
I used a 4 man Ogryn squad with Commissar Yarrick against some daemons once. It worked ok the biggest unit i took out was a soul grinder in CC. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 01:08:10 PM by ashanson1012 »

Offline Michael Petrou

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 04:56:39 PM »
i do not play guards but i think ogryns are beasts . and fun too!

Offline MRmehman

• Battle Brother
  • DENY TEH WITCH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 06:23:52 PM »
YARRICK MY GOD YARRICK! If you really want to have some fun, throw Yarrick in there. Seeing as how you really need to try to put your Ogryns into as much close combat as you can, Yarrick will fit right in and also keep him safe. If you have the points, he really adds something to the squad.
TEH BANEBLADZ, THERE EVERYWHERE!!!

Offline Rick17126

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 12:29:53 AM »
YARRICK MY GOD YARRICK! If you really want to have some fun, throw Yarrick in there. Seeing as how you really need to try to put your Ogryns into as much close combat as you can, Yarrick will fit right in and also keep him safe. If you have the points, he really adds something to the squad.
I may have to borrow a 5 orgyn squad (to add to my 5) so I can attaching Yarrick to them, then use Creed's TG. 10 Ogryn with Yarrick arriving on a flank will be fun and good for some laughs. 

Offline MRmehman

• Battle Brother
  • DENY TEH WITCH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 11:38:09 AM »
I may have to borrow a 5 orgyn squad (to add to my 5) so I can attaching Yarrick to them, then use Creed's TG. 10 Ogryn with Yarrick arriving on a flank will be fun and good for some laughs.

Jesus man, that's like an ork green tide but better!
TEH BANEBLADZ, THERE EVERYWHERE!!!