Author Topic: Team #3 Brushes with Heresy Discussion Thread  (Read 10927 times)

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Team #3 Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 12:06:15 PM »
Actually...I really really like Tannibal's idea. "Brushes with Heresy" It's a play on words while being completely straightforward and serious about what and who we are.  I'm really liking it, even more while I type this post.

Still, while I'm on...I'm not able to paint or assemble anything.  Apologies.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
  • I have a strong interest in Voodoo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 01:28:43 PM »
I like "Brushes with Heresy". I'd be down for that team name.

All in favor of Brushes with Heresy as team 3s official name say "For the Warmaster!"

Offline tannibal_lecter

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 07:41:03 PM »
For the warmaster!!

My basecoats should be done on my first submission tonight. Do you guys want updates and wip shots?

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 12:54:47 AM »
Hells yeah!

So how was your guy's/gals first day of painting?

Unfortunately for me I was helping my brother fix/mod his blackreach orks, so I really didnt get alot of painting done at all really. I'll be basecoating my hellbrute tonight, and possibly a second layer coat, but we'll see.

Also so we have a list of where everyone is at:
Tannibal Lecter is gtg,
I'm gtg,
Dark Corner Painting is gtg.

Unfortunately, it looks like Chaos Inquisitor is unable to paint for the challenge. Also Bladeiai is unaccounted for, no word from him.

So 3/5 members of Brushes with Heresy are primed and ready to paint the other teams into the ground! I still feel confident!

One last thing to share, some channels on youtube to listen to while we paint! Cause I'm almost positive that we all have something playing in the background while we paint, be it movies, music, Netflix or anything. So here are a few channels I absolutely love to listen to while I paint:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNnKprAG-MWLsk-GsbsC2BA is a channel just with some really cool 40k themed videos for a laugh.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC19RiHSy28vMxg_dC1AI_fA an interesting video series ive been listening too for many many years, watch at you own risk, alot of curse languish in this one, but still funny.
 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyC_4jvPzLiSkJkLIkA7B8g do you like dubstep? Do you like violin music? Do you like cool trance/ mix music of violin music? Well if you do this channel is for you! Omg I love this musician! She does professional dancing, cosplay and violin mix music. This chick is definitely worth checking out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyduw-LJbBc&list=PLe8jmEHFkvsYEckDta4v40zTAMoTDYPJr Just listen to this epicness! There is just so much going on with this channel, all the different music they upload, just awesome on every level, check out some of their playlists.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC84X0epDRFdTrybxEX8ZWkA These guys are pretty entertaining to listen too, just a bunch of guys goofing of while playing video games. The videos are kinda funny to watch, but I mostly just listen to the dialog between friends, just slays me!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-u7aggg_-Q__FjA4_TNSTA Just an interesting channel for painting tips and battlereps. I mostly like to listen to (and sometimes watch between painting) the battlereps this guy puts up, very professional video editing.

Best of luck to everyone!

Offline tannibal_lecter

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 02:45:36 AM »
 I think we should just go ahead and name our group then since the other two members are unaccounted for currently.

I basecoated my wolves and started high lighting their armour tonight. They are looking fantastic. I have to mix the layer colours so its taking a while.

I took a peek into the othe groups. Group 1 has a fast painter getting to table top standard. I just can't  paint anything but my best and that takes time. Even if we don't get the most models out I'm confident that ours will look the most stunning.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 04:22:39 AM »
Yeah exactly. I'm mostly gonna focus on getting my guys to look as awesome as I can get them. The only thing im gonna skimp on is highlights, just cause they take WAY too long for my liking, so I'll just not do that part. At least for now.

Offline Hawkeye299

• The Hawkboss
  • Global Moderator
  • Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 01:43:19 PM »
Hey guys, I have been reassigned to team 3, so yeah lets rock this thing and I am privileged to be here, pics of my orks will follow from tomorrow hopefully.

Hawk  ;D

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 02:55:18 PM »
First off..."FOR THE WARMASTER!"

So, Sunday I should be home and painting. (If I don't end up doing stuff with friends).  First up should be my Sternguard Veterans for my Loyalists.  Then it should probably some of my chaos guys.  My big though is hopefully that my stuff from Forgeworld will be in and I can start in on my Death Guard Praetors.  SQUEE  I also ended up buying a small tactical squad of 5 guys of MkIII Iron Armor and got their Death Guard shoulders set up.  Can not wait to get back to painting.

Offline tannibal_lecter

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 04:31:50 PM »
I'm so glad you are here Hawk! We are going to call ourselves "Brushes with Heresy" since a lot of us play chaos. If you aren't opposed I am going to message Zang and let him know.

Offline The Overlord

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 04:49:33 PM »
Message zang? I'm in charge here ;D thefallenstar already messaged me so soon as I have access to a computer I'll get everything changed up for you guys

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2014, 05:40:33 PM »
Well I finally got some painting done last night (bit of a slow start). All I could get done was getting on the first metallic base coats on. Only had like an hour or so, just enough to get something started. Gonna clean up the colors and second layers on later tonight.

So syked to get this hellbrute finished!

Offline tannibal_lecter

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2014, 11:35:07 PM »
I got nothing done tonight. I had a surprise visit with family. Probably will accomplish something tomorrow.

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Team #3 Brushes with Heresy Discussion Thread
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2014, 09:47:38 AM »
Star, those look freaking sweet.  I still think a regular dreadnaught, Chaosified, still looks SO much better than the Hellbrutes.  Really like the color so far.  And I'm still just kicking around in Seattle, not doing much of ---.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2014, 04:19:24 PM »
Got some painting done. Got the actual layered colors going, and a few other bits and pieces.

He kinda looks like a hot mess atm, but once I get the washes going he will really start to shine.

I haven't got a name for this particular hellbrute, but with how the mask is coming along, I'm thinking about some variation of Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th.

Also how should I wash the mask? My original idea was two washes of sepia, but now I'm thinking black wash with a white drybrush to edge it. All the spikes and claws will be double washed with sepia so I might do something different with the mask, just to really bring the eye to it. I might also add alittle more color to the machine bits. Just some bronze tubes or pipes and what not. Tonight I'll be getting A lot more done. I don't work tomorrow so I'm hoping to get mister Voorhees finished before Sat.

And thanks inquisitor, he was my first chaos dread in the army. I've since expanded my hellbrute numbers to 6 in total. Seeing this one come to life I might have to start painting the others soon after.

I'm looking forward to seeing your death guard come to life.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2014, 04:24:19 PM »
Forgot to upload these  ;D