Author Topic: Team #3 Brushes with Heresy Discussion Thread  (Read 11305 times)

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
  • I have a strong interest in Voodoo.
    • View Profile
Re: Team #3 Brushes with Heresy Discussion Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2014, 06:22:57 AM »
Well here's one of 20 :p

Guess it'll take longer then 9 hrs to paint all 20. Just realized that I have never painted anything other then power armor and daemon flesh. Trying to map out cultists colors to semi match my legion colors was alittle tricky. So just the one for now. Still not bad though. They're cultists after all, they don't need to look as good as my legion dudes.

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2014, 12:09:41 PM »
I think they're looking good.  One piece of advise, maybe not paint them your legion's colors?  Think of them in terms of disposable cannon fodder, so the Marine Warband might not even dignify them with their colors.  They also might be "turning" to chaos AFTER the Marine Warband gets there.

As far as the flesh, I give you the same pointers that Tannibal gave me.  Bugman's Glow washed with Reikland Fleshshade.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2014, 04:49:55 AM »
*slaps my own face*

Okay! Gotta get back into the swing of things! Took a few days off from painting to work on assembling my new csm, but now they're done and I can continue painting.

I got 2 of my 20 cultists done, gonna try and get one or two more done tonight hopefully.

I'd post pics of my first 2, but they're on my phone, not on my comp :P

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2014, 06:42:00 AM »
So I can do one cultists in about an hour and a half. I could probably put more detail in them, but they're the dregs of the legion army, so they don't deserve such commitment :P

So here are the 3 I got so far, the last one I just did up tonight. I'll probably be getting one done every night after work till the weekend.

Cheers everyone!

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2014, 04:32:43 PM »
So I finished one of my legion Praetors, and have no started on the one in Terminator armor.  This one should be a twinge better, since I don't have to deal with any of that flesh stuffs.  Again...still not comfortable with doing faces.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2014, 06:15:46 AM »
Doing faces isnt actually that bad. But then again I usually paint undead/daemon/gross faces so I can get away with half ass painting them :P

But generally I just paint them fleshy pink color then wash them red/brown (its called Ogryn Flesh in 5th ed). I tend to not paint eyes, not good enough for that, unless they are super big and I can somewhat get away with it, like my first cultist and his one big red eye. But beyond that I just paint their flesh what ever color then wash it and call it done. With chaos marines, there's much more interesting things to look at other then their boring faces, so I dont sweat it so much if their faces are poorly done :)

Your first guy does look good though Inquis, that red arm definitely was a good choice.

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2014, 10:19:00 AM »
Yeah...got his arm painted and was like, crap...that's going to be focus of attention.  So I made sure to go a little extra on that arm.  As far as the eyes are concerned...I'm thinking just doing black, with white dots.  Hopefully it'll look nice.

By the way, those are some very nice looking Space Wolves.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2014, 05:54:35 AM »
So I've finally gotten back into the game! Feeling alittle better and starting to paint again. Just getting the last few colors on my helbrute. Still have a few washes and dabs of color to go, hopefully I'll finish him some time before the weekend.

This time around I'm going for more of a red daemon flesh look. Then I'm gonna experiment with some of the new glaze colors to really see what kind of look I can get.

I'm feeling confident this month! Gonna really dive into painting and see what I can get done. Gonna try and focus on troops and hqs as opposed to vehicles like august.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2014, 06:13:12 AM »
They grow up so fast :)

My second custom modded helbrute, 4th painted is finally all done.

Since my first modded helbrute was kinda green, I decided this one would be more focused on red. With nice screaming bell red highlights and a decaying red daemon flesh look. Plus some nice blood effects, and a nice red cloth under him.

Just a few pics from when he was just a pile of scrap bits, then to the awesome avatar of iron he is now.

There's a full gallery of this beautiful bastard in my Google+ link, and theres a peek at what he first looked like in my YouTube video archives. Just check out the kijiji video.

Man, wish I had more pics of what he first looked like. Would've liked to do a full video photo timeline of his conversion, but w/e, another time.

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2014, 10:58:19 PM »
Very nice.  By the way...I think we're the only two on our team right now. Q.Q

Offline tannibal_lecter

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2014, 11:58:52 AM »
I have been painting quietly on my own. I'm still nursing back issues which it make it difficult to sit for long periods. I'm on the mend so hopefully I can pump out more dudes faster than before.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2014, 06:03:07 PM »
It is just amazing to see you back in action Tanni!

Really hope you start to feel better. I myself have been feeling under the weather most of Sept too, really only got my one dred painted at the beginning. Haven't put brush to anything in almost 2 1/2 weeks. But with my spacehulk project Im hoping to get back into painting and hopefully get some paint going.

Also, those space wolf models are just beautiful. So much detail in them. Great job!

Offline tannibal_lecter

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2014, 02:13:53 AM »
Thanks, I can't wait to see tour space hulk stuff :)

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2014, 02:29:25 AM »
I'm fighting through a really terrible bout of depression.  I have no will to paint right now...and I apologize for that.  Though it still seems that Aussie is pretty much running away with the competition, so there really doesn't seem like any real need to even "compete."

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2014, 06:04:03 AM »
Yeah, but still though :P

Plus im painting my Space Hulk set, I'm mostly motivated by the fact that alot of people wanna play the game, so the sooner I get the whole set painted, the better I can impress people with it when I bring it over :)