Author Topic: Newbie Eldar 1000 point list advice  (Read 3252 times)

Offline Poygus

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Eldar 1000 point list advice
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 07:22:45 PM »
Hi guys! After hearing everybody's advice i made an army list. Much advice and comments needed. After an update in Battle Scribe. I found that my army list was over 1000. I couldn't bring my Warp Spider Exarch with Spinneret Rifle and Fast Shot  :-\ but heres the list:

+++ Tournament 1000 Eldar (999pts) +++
+++ 1000pt Eldar: Codex (2013) Roster (Combined Arms Detachment)) +++

Selections:

Eldar: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ + (150pts)

* Autarch (150pts)  (Codex: Eldar (2013) p27)
        (Ancient Doom, Battle Focus, Fleet, Forceshield, Independent Character, Path of Strategy)
        Banshee mask (5pts) (*), Fusion gun (10pts), Haywire grenades, Laser lance (10pts), Mantle of the Laughing God (40pts) (*), Plasma grenades, Shuriken pistol
        * Eldar Jetbike (15pts)  (Codex: Eldar (2013) p66)
            (*)
            Twin-linked shuriken catapult

+ Troops + (420pts)

* Dire Avengers (210pts)  (Codex: Eldar (2013) p31)
        (Ancient Doom, Battle Focus, Counter-attack, Fleet)
        Plasma grenades
        * 5x Dire Avenger (65pts)
            5x Avenger shuriken catapult
        * Wave Serpent (145pts)
            Holo-fields (15pts) (*), Serpent Field, Shuriken cannon (10pts), Twin-linked scatter lasers (5pts)

* Dire Avengers (210pts)  (Codex: Eldar (2013) p31)
        (Ancient Doom, Battle Focus, Counter-attack, Fleet)
        Plasma grenades
        * 5x Dire Avenger (65pts)
            5x Avenger shuriken catapult
        * Wave Serpent (145pts)
            Holo-fields (15pts) (*), Serpent Field, Shuriken cannon (10pts), Twin-linked scatter lasers (5pts)

+ Fast Attack + (124pts)

* Warp Spiders (124pts)
        (Ancient Doom, Battle Focus, Fleet, Hit & Run, Warp Jump Generator)
        5x Warp Spider with Deathspinner (95pts)
        * Warp Spider Exarch (29pts)
            Twin-Linked Death Spinner (5pts)

+ Heavy Support + (300pts)

* Wraithknight (300pts)
        (Ancient Doom, Fearless)
        Scatter laser (20pts), Suncannon and Scattershield (40pts) (Scattershield )

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:27:31 PM by Poygus »

Offline ShadowcatX

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 08:21:00 PM »
I don't think you should post individual upgrade costs. That aside I think you are spending too many points on upgrades, if you drop the holofields, the spider exarch, and the upgrades on the wraith knight I think you would find your list plays largely the same, but you have saved  120 points. That's another whole unit of something you could add to your list.
Everything I have ever told you, even this, is a lie.

Offline Poygus

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 08:33:07 PM »
Okey :p but if I took out the Holofields on the WS wouldn't it be a little less survivable? As if I used the Serpent Shield to attack, I would have a Holofield to backup the survivability of the WS. I would change the Warp Spiders Exarch to a normal one as there would be no big difference.

Offline ShadowcatX

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 04:38:02 AM »
Yes, they would be, but you're not wanting them to be jinking in the first place since that is where most of your fire power comes from. Beyond that, killing the enemy faster will mean less incoming fire power for you to deal with.
Everything I have ever told you, even this, is a lie.

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 05:23:11 AM »
Okey :p but if I took out the Holofields on the WS wouldn't it be a little less survivable? As if I used the Serpent Shield to attack, I would have a Holofield to backup the survivability of the WS. I would change the Warp Spiders Exarch to a normal one as there would be no big difference.

I am upgrading my Holofields less and less every game I play. +1 to your cover save is great, sure, but there are plenty Ignores Cover out there. From IG orders, to Tau Markerlights, to that Divination power (yeah, I hate these Centurions with Tigurius, lol) and finally - to other Wave Serpents. For example, in a mirror match, the player who upgraded Holofields on his grav tanks is at a serious disadvantage, very often.

I would still rather Jink than take all the punishment from enemy fire, but I do not think that Holofields are necessary to survival of our tanks.
We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

Offline poygus908

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2014, 07:15:10 PM »
Hey guys, sorry for the late reply on this post. Just finished my Tournament yesterday and got 2nd runner up with the Eldar List that I haven't changed. Mantarch, 2 DAs on Waveserpents with TL SL and Holo, 1 Warpspider and a Wraithknight with Suncannon. I won 2 games and lost 1 game to a Space Wolves Player, which was my first game, he also won the tournament. My second game was against a Space Wolves army painted as Black Templars but they weren't that hard to defeat as the first one. My last game was against an Ultrmarines Player bringing a formation that includes a Stormraven Gunship, won that game by 2 points with 8 pts to me and 6 to my opponent. All in all it was a fun experience and great day to play! Will post details and pics as soon as possible. Thanks for all the help and support guys!

Offline poygus908

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 08:09:21 PM »
Here are the opponents armies. Basically except for the Ultramarines, the other 2 were Space Wolves. I only lost to the Space Wolves with Rhinos because of their Thunder Cav.

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 10:26:53 PM »
LOL, speak about variety...  ;D
We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

Offline poygus908

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 02:30:14 AM »
Yeah, for each game except for the one I lost. My opponents were always baited to attack my Wraithknight while the Wave Serpents were unharmed until Turn 5 or Turn 4 of the game. There wasn't any good variety in the competition either as all of the other players were playing either SM or CSM armies. :( But all in all it was a good day to play games with other people like me. :D

Offline embolden

• Grand Master
  • Harlequin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2014, 09:25:03 PM »
You can only beat what your opponent throws at you. Thanks for the report :)
AKA: Rob

Element Games Referral Code: ROB745

Embolden Eldar Log