Author Topic: Imperial Knight Formation  (Read 1411 times)

Offline ShadowcatX

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Imperial Knight Formation
« on: September 04, 2014, 09:24:29 AM »
So there's a new formation for Imperial Knights called the Adamantine Lance in the Red Waagh! book. It requires 3 knights (in any combination) to be played together and be within 3 inches of one another but when thus they can re-roll failed ion shield rolls. And, if they begin the assault phase thus, they can inflict d3 HoW hits rather than the normal 1.

It seems this was pretty popular at the NOVA open, and is quite powerful. Especially since, only requiring 3 knights, it can be done and still leave room for allies. So what do you all think?
Everything I have ever told you, even this, is a lie.

Offline MusashiLimited

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Knight Formation
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 06:25:01 PM »
It is extremely strong and a great way to run knights, only concern I have is when they blow up... could potentially take down a friendly knight.

Also is it any 3 knights you can run like this? Could you run knight lancers in this formation? Provided you had other knights.

Offline ShadowcatX

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 07:30:17 PM »
No, it specifies the two types in any combination. And you probably wouldn't want to any way, them keeping within 3 inches would kill its speed.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 06:59:44 PM »
Damn. I'd love to roll this formation with 3 knight errants. They're the ones with melts cannons right?
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline ShadowcatX

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 08:20:12 PM »
They are indeed.