Author Topic: New Blood Angel Codex?  (Read 4563 times)

Offline tireironman

• Initiate
    • View Profile
New Blood Angel Codex?
« on: September 19, 2014, 06:12:39 AM »
With the new Space Hulk game coming out featuring Blood Angels I was wondering if this might be the first hint of the new codex? Anyone know of any recent rumors?

Offline hawkhaven667

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: New Blood Angel Codex?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 05:00:53 PM »
dark eldar are next if not dark eldar necrons space hulk is just a boardgame so its no indication of any new 40k releases

Offline tireironman

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 06:29:46 AM »
yeah but from a marketing standpoint it wouldn't be a bad idea to sell like items at the same time

Offline hawkhaven667

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 07:17:35 AM »
Well if they did release the blood angels codex before a xenos codex there would me a massive firestorm of rage for releasing 3 imperium armies in a row dark eldar and necron players would be very very displeased to say the least

Offline bkbb214

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 07:42:21 PM »
Blood Angels now I think is the oldest Codex.  Dark Eldar and Necrons Came out way after Blood Angels in 5th ed.
WE deserve a new and good codex.

Offline hawkhaven667

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 09:28:29 PM »
Blood Angels now I think is the oldest Codex.  Dark Eldar and Necrons Came out way after Blood Angels in 5th ed.
WE deserve a new and good codex.
that's what everyone says

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 07:11:15 PM »
I can see Blood Angels getting a book after dark eldar. Necrons are an awesome book. At this point with releases Necrons might want to enjoy their 5th ed book before GW finds ways to switch up how some of their favorite toys work.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Izzycat218

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 06:32:51 PM »
I'm betting the new codex will tone down the special characters and I'm betting mephiston will be removed. The supplement that will accompany the codex will most likely be Death Company themed. They'll either emphasize fast mech or jump pack not both. Unfortunately I think we'll end up a fast shooty mech army. I'm hoping we stay close combat army. 

Offline hawkhaven667

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 06:50:20 PM »
I'm betting the new codex will tone down the special characters and I'm betting mephiston will be removed. The supplement that will accompany the codex will most likely be Death Company themed. They'll either emphasize fast mech or jump pack not both. Unfortunately I think we'll end up a fast shooty mech army. I'm hoping we stay close combat army.
If you stay a close combat army that will be the fourth army in a row that is really powerful in cc

Offline Izzycat218

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 10:44:11 AM »
If you stay a close combat army that will be the fourth army in a row that is really powerful in cc
[/]

From my understanding Blood Angels have been close combat based since there inception. I may be wrong though. Who knows what GW is planing really. They could decide to recant all of there history and make them a shooting army. I doubt they'll do it due to how angry the community would be. Personally I'm not concerned with what they add to the codex. It's what they're going to take away. With the toning down of the codices that they've been doing I wouldn't be surprised to see more lost than gained.

Offline SaintedSavage

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 06:49:21 PM »
I don't know, we are currently one of the weaker Codices in the game, so we might end up stronger in comparison to the other armies. I think our biggest gains will come from reducing the cost of some of our units to level us out with some of the newer Space Marine Codices. I imagine that we will also get some Chapter specific psychic powers that might bring back some of our former flying Dreadnought glory!  :D
We die, though our war is eternal,
We are doomed, but we walk in darkness,
We are forgotten, yet the future is our gift to humanity.

Offline hawkhaven667

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 07:46:25 PM »
I don't know, we are currently one of the weaker Codices in the game, so we might end up stronger in comparison to the other armies. I think our biggest gains will come from reducing the cost of some of our units to level us out with some of the newer Space Marine Codices. I imagine that we will also get some Chapter specific psychic powers that might bring back some of our former flying Dreadnought glory!  :D
more like special rules rework and a rework on how alot of units work also relics

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
Blood Angel Codex Cover Released ( PIC)
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 05:53:23 PM »
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline hawkhaven667

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 06:27:40 PM »
I'd expect that you are going to be getting your codex sometime between early-mid November and a necrons codex early descember

Offline Bushleague

• Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Angel Codex Cover Released ( PIC)
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 04:42:57 PM »

What Heresy is THIS!?!

(Ref Fritz's Picter cap)
"Descend on Wings of Fury, and Scour the Enemy from the Battlefield" - Battle-Captain Janus Shraub, 3rd Company of the Angels of Sirocco, Successors of the 9th Legion.