Author Topic: The Scorpion Exarch Project  (Read 1216 times)

Offline GhostGlaive

• Initiate
    • View Profile
The Scorpion Exarch Project
« on: November 06, 2014, 11:43:03 AM »
Hey all, so after much looking around I could not really find any pictures of a Scorpion exarch with chainsabres and decided I would follow the only picture I did see and figured I would share the learning outcomes and methodís. I think it he turned out really well, so what I did:

What youíll need 2 Ė Dire avenger wrist pistol left arms, 2 scorpion exarch right arms

1-   Took a dire avenger exarch wrist pistol left arm, and glued a dire avenger exarch sword to it that I cut off the scorpion exarch right arm.
2-   I then put green stuff on another scorpion exarch right sword arm to make a flush surface for a wrist pistol to be glued on later.
3-   I cut the pistol straight across from the other dire avenger arm and sanded it down so it was smooth, and glued it to the green stuff on the scorpion exarch right arm
4-   After everything was settled I glued both arms to the exarch body

Now on a side not Ií am about to do a shameless product plug cause Ií am so impressed with it. The custom jungle base you can see in the picture was ordered from a Polish company called Micro Art Studio.  I ordered 10 randomly assorted jungle bases to Canada for about $15 CAN and they arrived in about 9 days. These bases were completely defect free, amazingly textured, and full of lots of interesting wild life.  Something to be aware of is because of how 3D textured these bases are it can be hard to get models on them so hereís a sneaky way around all that.

1-   I cut apart a thick paper clip into small pins
2-   I inserted these pins vertically into all the scorpions feet and secured them with super glue
3-   I then pressed the feet pretty hard into the bases to make marks
4-   I used the smallest drill bit I could find and hand drilled holes into the marks on each base
5-   I test fitted the models to the base and had to cut some of the texture to allow for a flat surface to glue to later
6-   After everything was prepped I primed and painted the bases
7-   I then primed the scorpions
8-   I used a mix of super glue and green stuff to put in the bases holes
9-   I then put super glue around the guide pins in the feet, and a little plastic glue on the feet of each scorpion
10-   Using the guide pins I attached the scorpions onto their respective bases

So I hope this helped anyone who wanted some rending chainswords, or just how to get around custom baseís. Enjoy the pictures, and seriously check out the website for Micro art studio they have tons of different base styles for almost every theme you could want.

Offline Chmmr_X

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: The Scorpion Exarch Project
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 01:07:53 AM »
A more focused and clearer picture of the Exarch with chainsabres would be nice!

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 06:44:51 AM »
Loved the idea. I prefer the claw myself. 3 x 5 man scorpion units with exarchs and claws in 3 wave serpents.

All outflank, drop off the cargo and charge. + 3 wave serpents shooting as well.

Offline GhostGlaive

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Scorpion Exarch Project - updated pics
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 08:40:04 AM »
Ya sorry didnt realize how out of focus those were. I agree I plan to mainly use the claw but for games under 750 I've decided to go with the Chainsabres. I now have an exarch modeled with all 3 options.

Offline KhorneFarseer

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 11:14:44 AM »
Looks fantastic
The Imperium is a Weak Old man,
waiting to be broken apart by his Vengeful Sons

Offline KhorneFarseer

• Initiate
    • View Profile