Author Topic: Trying to make my own Chapter.. White Scars successors..  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Merellin

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Trying to make my own Chapter.. White Scars successors..
« on: November 07, 2014, 05:05:06 AM »
So, I'm currently building up a Tyranid army, But I want some variation on what I build on so I decided to make my own space marine chapter! I like bikes so I decided to make a White Scars successor chapter that favors speed (Bikes, Assault Marines, Infantry in transports, Land Speeders, Storm Talons..) with some heavy armour support (Whirlwinds, Predators, Maybe Vindicators or Thunderfire Cannons..) Though focusing on the speedy stuff, With a smaller ammount of heavy support. And maybe some Imperial Guard allies..

I have attached a image of the colorscheme i'm thinking off.. But I havent managed to think of a name yet.. I just wanted to hear some opinions on my army idea..?

Offline Izzycat218

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to make my own Chapter.. White Scars successors..
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 08:10:42 AM »
Not sure of a name, but you should try to get a third color in there.

Offline Merellin

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 08:59:21 AM »
Do you have any sugestions for a third color and where to put it? I'm realy bad at making colorschemes myself.. The one I made there I just took an existing one that I realy like and darkend the red a bit and gave it some more black.. XD

Offline Izzycat218

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 09:28:47 AM »
Well you could go with the usual gold accent that is put with black and red. Try gold on the chest eagle. Red trim on the shoulder pads. In the end pick colors you'll enjoy painting. I started with the exorcists chapter due to fluff but found I didn't like painting so much red. Now I'm painting mine brown with bone accents to be different from the rest.

Offline Merellin

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 09:44:20 AM »
How does this look? I added red trip to the shoulders and changed the eagle on the chest to Hashut Copper (Dont look quite right cus it dosent display metallics correctly)

Offline Izzycat218

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 09:56:27 AM »
Looks good. More experienced painters will probably have better advice. As far as name goes what's the chapters background and culture? 

Offline Merellin

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 10:29:57 AM »
I'm still working on the fluff areas such as culture and background.. I'm thinking their world is lower tech but still has some tech, And much of their warmachines and tanks on their homeworld are bulky and slow, Thus to compensate they field faster stuff to aid the big armour, Thus their preferance for bikes and assault marines and such speedy stuff with a support of slower heavy tanks. But thats about as far as I have come yet.. I'm not very good at writing fluff so it will take a while!

Offline Izzycat218

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 10:34:49 AM »
There are some good articles out there that go through base points to get the creative thoughts going. I'd say use one as a reference point. Seems like an interesting idea.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 01:04:09 PM »
I'm not exactly sure you'll be happy with your colors once you start painting them. Are you aiming for some quick paint colors or is red and black your preferred choice?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 01:06:34 PM by Dirty Harry »
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Merellin

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 03:03:37 PM »
I made that colorscheme because I love the looks of the Flesh Tearers and based my colorscheme on their color scheme. And it looks good on models too http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/1/14/Flesh_Tearers_Mini.jpg As seen here. But I wanted to make it a bit diferent, But still similar.. So I made the boots black too..

Hmmm... Maybe I should make the arms black aswell...

Here, Just made another test colorscheme.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 03:34:01 AM by Merellin »