Author Topic: Warhammer 40k vs. Apocalypse  (Read 999 times)

Offline Flashpoint

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Warhammer 40k vs. Apocalypse
« on: November 11, 2014, 09:47:02 AM »
In 40k at what point size level game are you just playing an Apocalypse game ?
In a 40k game would you add another 12"x4' piece of table at a certain point size game ?
thanks guys I value your input on this cheers !

Offline bladeiai

• Battle Brother
  • A corrupted soul
    • View Profile
    • The Chaos Box
Re: Warhammer 40k vs. Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 10:23:22 AM »
In 40k at what point size level game are you just playing an Apocalypse game ?
In a 40k game would you add another 12"x4' piece of table at a certain point size game ?
thanks guys I value your input on this cheers !

I usually end up play an "Apocalypse" game around 4k per side. When I say "Apocalypse" in the sense that we don't flow any kind of FOC and are more lenient on allies, but don't use the actual apocalypse specific rules. I believe the book officially suggests no less than 3k, but to me a 4k game is on the low side. Also I'm not sure if you are aware but apocalypse is more than just "really big games".
In actual apocalypse game rules you need a master of disaster, strategic assets and several Apocalypse specific rules. Also objective points are counted per break and you are often capped to a certain mount of time per turn.
As far as size of table goes... it's kind of hard to say. I think a 6x4" table can accommodate up to 4k per side game if there are some super heavies thrown in. If you are going straight troops/regular units you probably won't have enough room. You can probably get up to 10k per side on a 12x4' table, again provided there are some super heavies on each side and not just masses of low point units.

That is my input, but it's really up to you and your friends how you want to play or how much room you have to play. You can always put things into reserves in mass if they don't fit.