Author Topic: Anti Deepstrike Stuff  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Chmmr_X

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Anti Deepstrike Stuff
« on: November 27, 2014, 12:54:43 AM »
Hey guys.

A Dark Eldar friend and I (Eldar) would be playing a game against another two guys. My friend is of the opinion that there is some sort of strategic asset or something that we can use to disrupt or completely mess around with the enemy's deep strike capabilities in some way or another.

Anybody know what item/asset/ability that is and what book can I look it up?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Kezef

• Chapter Master
  • Angels have two wings for a reason
    • View Profile
Re: Anti Deepstrike Stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 10:57:02 AM »
Anything that has the interceptor special rule can be used to mess with deep striking units pretty much, fortifications seem to have the option to take them through icarus lascannons or quad guns, if you are talking about modifying the opponents reserve rolls, that im not so sure about.

Offline Chmmr_X

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 10:22:59 PM »
I'm looking along the lines more like making them double their scatter, null zone for deepstrike and the likes. Interceptors not reliable against ground at the moment since most interceptor stuff have skyfire. If you come across any strategic assets or the like that can do something like that, let me know.

Offline Kezef

• Chapter Master
  • Angels have two wings for a reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 10:52:56 PM »
no idea on anything like that, other than a warlord trait or something that can modify your opponents reserve rolls, and using terrain and spreading out to cover as much area as possible to prevent deep-striking in the middle of your units. at least with weapons that have interceptor you get to give them shots as they come in, and with skyfire they are at full BS against skimmers which all DE/eldar vehicles, Space marine land speeders etc.