Author Topic: armored battle company  (Read 903 times)

Offline epiknoob

• Battle Brother
  • If you don't ask how do you learn?
    • View Profile
armored battle company
« on: December 07, 2014, 05:28:59 PM »
So I'm getting back into 40k. I have not played since 4ed.  I was looking at the armoured battle company. My question is there an update for the list. I.E. lumbering rule for the lrbt ect. Also is the list viable or should is a mix of boots and tanks a better choice. I have been watching fritz's YouTube videos to get back up to speed. I really like tanks this is why I'm thinking armoured battle company.

Thank You,
Epiknoob

"88th . . . Roll out!"

Offline MusashiLimited

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: armored battle company
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 04:16:38 PM »
I can't say much about IG (Astra Militarum now) as I'm a Marine / Eldar player but tanks are stronger or at least much more survivable in this edition than the last, mostly due to needing to roll a 7 to get an explodes result (So nothing under AP3 can one shot a tank unless its open topped)

Its always good to run some infantry I think, put them into a Chimera and your better off as well.

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
Re: armored battle company
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 07:09:43 PM »
You could definitely run an Armoured Company, I think AM even have a HQ option for it now.. Plus with Vets in Chimeras and all the other Tanks you can still include a decent amount of Infantry.

The changes to the Vehicle Damage Table mean you're more likely to lose vehicles to Glances rather than Explodes results and at AV13 Leman Russes are pretty hard to punch through, especially if you have a few.
The Dance Without End Begins..