Poll

If there fight didn't stop after 24 hours who would of won? Lion EL Jonson or Leman Russ?

The lion
8 (57.1%)
The wolf
6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: January 20, 2015, 06:32:24 AM

Author Topic: The lion vs The wolf  (Read 3137 times)

Offline epiknoob

• Battle Brother
  • If you don't ask how do you learn?
    • View Profile
The lion vs The wolf
« on: December 26, 2014, 06:32:24 AM »
The age old question. The lion or the wolf?
"88th . . . Roll out!"

Offline Firedrake

• Brother Captain
  • Nemesor of the Nahrek Dynasty
    • View Profile
Re: The lion vs The wolf
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 07:34:00 AM »
It Leman not Lemon please
Is it just me or is Games Workshop out to get our money?

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 08:11:47 AM »
Lion El Johnson
So many books, so many Burning questions.

Offline epiknoob

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 08:54:51 AM »
It Leman not Lemon please

Sorry was on my phone when I made this poll. Stupid auto correct
"88th . . . Roll out!"

Offline Kezef

• Chapter Master
  • Angels have two wings for a reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 10:18:01 AM »
Lion El Johnson should never fight anyone even close to his own strength ever again, the universe doesn't need another Caliban

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 10:56:59 AM »
Aww, Lemon Russ was funnier. I honestly gotta throw in my vote for Lion. More partial to the Dark Angels myself.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
  • I have a strong interest in Voodoo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 12:38:27 PM »
Probably the Lion. Hes the best duelist, so in one on one I think he'd win.

Personal choice though, I'd like to see the Wolf win. I kinda like space puppies.

B4TBG

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 05:54:44 PM »
Lion would get a smack. Hard. Backhand. Other one word things that have impact. Cats.

Offline Rezial

• Brother Captain
  • Dominus Mutationis
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 09:04:31 AM »
The lore says that Lion el'Jonson and Leman Russ are evenly matched fighters.  Russ is a bit stronger and Jonson is a bit faster.  Russ bore a grudge against Jonson because the First Legion, and the Lion specifically, could claim more victories than himself.  Both were raised in the wilds of Death Worlds and had feral streaks.  Most people forget that the Lion was mostly plagued by psychological/sociological flaws stemming from his extreme isolation on Caliban which made him poor at understanding human nature and humor.  He was paranoid and extremely prideful.  Russ was also prideful but had a unique sense of humor having spent more time amongst the human population and being raised in a family.  This led to their confrontation on Dulan's World and an honor duel waged over the killing of the Tyrant Durath.

I respect Leman Russ but I've never been a true fan of the Space Wolves.  To me they're just ok.  I'll always be a true Son of the Lion!  The Dark Angels are a Chapter of warrior monks in the best tradition of the Knights Templar.  They are known for exceptional strategic planning as a hallmark of their Primarch, the Lion.  They share the Wolves fierceness in other ways though, such as their legendary Stubbornness which makes them incapable of fleeing a fight.  Personally I always looked on their rivalry as one of a deeper understanding and respect more than as one of just bitterness over a long dead misunderstanding.
Repent, for tomorrow you die.
http://rezial.blogspot.com/

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 06:28:23 PM »
Wait hasn't this already played out? Didn't Lion 'El Johnson KO Leman Russ after like three days of dueling or something?
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline Rezial

• Brother Captain
  • Dominus Mutationis
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 11:29:22 AM »
Yes.  Russ was pissed off because Jonson killed Durath, a despot that Russ wanted to kill to satisfy his honor.  So Russ approached Jonson and blind sided him with a heavy punch.  This started the fight.  It played out as an epic fist fight but eventually Russ stopped because his temper wore off and he decided the whole thing was funny.  Jonson has a different personality though and is slow to forgive.  He believed that Russ' first punch was dishonorable and so while Russ stopped to laugh the Lion just knocked him out right there.  The Lion then considered honor to be satisfied so he left with the First Legion.  Russ woke up later and was pissed off again so that's the reason for the tradition of honor duels between the Dark Angels and Space Wolves.

Offline epiknoob

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 12:12:29 PM »
Yes that is how the story goes but the question is what if it didn't end after the three day fist fight?
"88th . . . Roll out!"

B4TBG

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 01:23:25 PM »
Yes.  Russ was pissed off because Jonson killed Durath, a despot that Russ wanted to kill to satisfy his honor.  So Russ approached Jonson and blind sided him with a heavy punch.  This started the fight.  It played out as an epic fist fight but eventually Russ stopped because his temper wore off and he decided the whole thing was funny.  Jonson has a different personality though and is slow to forgive.  He believed that Russ' first punch was dishonorable and so while Russ stopped to laugh the Lion just knocked him out right there.  The Lion then considered honor to be satisfied so he left with the First Legion.  Russ woke up later and was pissed off again so that's the reason for the tradition of honor duels between the Dark Angels and Space Wolves.
And that's the story of thr meaning behind duel-mas everybody. ;-)

Offline bruenor316

• Skald of Tra
  • Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 02:13:23 PM »
Unremembered Empire explains the aftermath a bit - after several campaigns side-by-side, the duels are more of brotherly slugfest as opposed to an honor duel.  It's only after the Scouring and disappearance of the Primarchs that it became such a heated event.

As to who would win in a genuine no-holds barred cage match, I'd give it to Russ (and yes I'm biased  :P )

Offline Rezial

• Brother Captain
  • Dominus Mutationis
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 02:18:24 PM »
Yes you're biased.  ;)

Since we were forced to choose I chose the Lion but the information we have claims neither can effectively defeat theother in single combat.