Author Topic: Rule resistance?  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
Rule resistance?
« on: January 18, 2015, 06:29:18 PM »
Hey all.. I know Forgeworld is all meant to be legal and that you don't generally have to ask for permission to use Forgeworld rules and models, but I have heard some people have encountered resistance..

What have your experiences been? I'm looking at getting some myself and don't really want to leave it off to the side as a "fun" sort of unit to be played whenever my opponent feels like being nice..

On a side note, let's try to keep this thread mostly constructive rather than just ranting about people who flat out refuse^^
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline epiknoob

• Battle Brother
  • If you don't ask how do you learn?
    • View Profile
Re: Rule resistance?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 10:59:36 PM »
I use the armoured battle company from imperial armour 1 2nd ed. From what I have seen the group welcomes it. I feel as long as you are honest about what you are using and let them know that you will be taking some forgeworld rules/models they should be ok with it( like no super heavy's in a game under 2500, ect) . I see it as breath of fresh air due to the fact few people use it and  its a break from the "codex" rules. I think they are fun and should be played with that in mind. Now for tournaments its up to who ever is running it.
"88th . . . Roll out!"

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 11:34:43 PM »
Well, you know me Angel. I'll accept any challenge. I would love to incorporate some forgeworld into my force. I already have a contempt or, I just need the latest Imperial Armor book to run it. I also want to get those drop pods that have missiles and assault cannons. Not sure what else I would want. Maybe malanthropes?
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Rillietann

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 06:45:09 AM »
It's a bit weird in my local Meta for Forgeworld, some are very much for it and welcome the use as much as possible but some are really dead set against it.
My local club have a league coming up in March with "controlled" allowances for Forgeworld stuff. We have 4 guys who are fielding Horus Heresy armies but outside of that people have to gain opponents permission for Forgeworld usage.
I was considering picking up a pair of Hornets for my Harlequin themed army but I am on the fence over whether it's worth the monetary expense if I only get to use them in 4 games out of 15.

Offline Zangetsu

• Tempest of Blades
  • Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Prickly Terrain Studio
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 05:20:14 AM »
I was a bit hesitant to use FW stuff at my local store however the owner flat out told me that all FW is basically 'legal' to play in regular 40k games and as such no permission is needed. I think common courtesy would be to let your opponent know your going to be using some forgeworld stuff but you by no means need their permission to play with it in games. You used to have to make sure it was ok with whoever you were playing but now it's no issue.

Just my opinion on it.

B4TBG

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 11:46:52 AM »
At my local GW, there is a non-titan FW ban, which in my oppinion is BS. Between me and my friebds we just let each other know beforhand. Simple. Even then I think thats a biy far but whatever.

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 11:30:10 PM »
My Local store is not very pro FW, banned from torments etc. which kinda sucks for someone making a 30k army.
EDIT: I can see why it's not really soemthing people wan to play against. But really all the cool forgeworld rules balance out with crazy stuff from standard GW stuff. Screamer star anyone?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:31:47 PM by Meros »
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game