Author Topic: Rough riders in 6th edition  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Rough riders in 6th edition
« on: July 26, 2013, 03:37:46 AM »
I know rough riders are a bit of a waste of a fast attack slot, but I've always enjoyed seeing an if player use them. How would you guys put them to use? If I played IG I would give em melts guns and stick them in a chimera. 6 in disembark, 12 in move, and you have a hilarious horseback suicide squad.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline AXEBLADE

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Rough riders in 6th edition
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 12:21:22 PM »
I'm fairly certain thats not how it works.
Firstly I'm not sure you can put them in a chimera (though I would love to be proven wrong.
Secondly you don't get to move after you disembark.

The only time I have seen them used/discussed is riding up behind a wall of chimeras/hellhounds so that they stay out of LOS and then charging them into a big block of marines or help bail out a unit which will otherwise be tied up for many turns that you really need shooting (big multicharges are a good example of this)

The only other way I have seen them used can't be done anymore which is to hold them in reserve so that when they come on your opponent has something in your face and you use the rough riders to charge them down to buy you an extra turn.

Offline Neojarlaxe

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
    • Campo de Batalla (Battlefield)
Re: Rough riders in 6th edition
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 02:19:23 PM »
When I used them normally is for counter-charge keeping them in reserve or behind terrain until thy are needed. If they survive the close combat as you can only your lance once per game they secondary objective is to obtain the point for line-breaker.
You are invited to my Blog and my YouTube Channel:
http://figurasvictorq.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/neojarlaxe